This graphic tool designed specifically to assist in preparing images for your help systems and the Internet. It lets you quickly and precisely capture an image of any window (including controls) or any part of the screen. The captured image can be copied to the clipboard or saved as BMP, GIF, PNG or JPG file. You can reduce image dimensions, add a shadow effect, adjust color depth. WinShot also offers a preview of the resulting image along with file size. This makes image optimization visual, effectively trading image quality with file size by adjusting various parameters, and gives you the possibility to considerably reduce the file size of the images.
screen capture tool developed to assist you in preparing images for help systems and the Internet. A key feature of the program is the optimization of captured images. The WinShot is freeware. You can use it for free.
What's new in this version
* Added user presets support, including import/export capability.
* Added border effects (Simple Frame, 3D Frame, Fade Out, Tear Off).
* Added multiple monitors support.
* Improved "drop shadow" effect.
* Improved palette selection algorithm.
* Improved property tree provides more effective user interface.
* Fixed bug with capturing margin around window.
* Fixed hanging problem when saving a file from preview window.
* Region and window capture
* Capturing mouse cursor
* Repeating last capture
* Supports user presets
* Supports 4 graphic file formats (BMP, GIF, PNG, JPEG)
* Supports GIF and PNG transparency
* Automatically increments file name
* Real-time preview
* Optimization of images
* Adjustable color depth
* Several effects: Drop Shadow, Fade Out, Tear Off, etc.
* Reducing image dimensions
* Easy creating of thumbnail images
* Custom hotkeys
* Keeps your favourite paths
* Doesn't waste desktop
* Low system requirements
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this screen capture software.