Do you tired of the old icons of your Windows XP folders Do you want to make your Windows XP folders different from others Do you believe that you can customize the color of each Windows XP folder icons yourself easily Now you can! Thank for KemenAran, the publisher of iColorFolder that can customize the color of XP folders. With iColorFolder the looking of our Windows XP will really different and we can sort the folders with different color as we want. This is a really good and useful tool we must have. Here is the detailed introduction of iColorFolder.
iColorFolder enables us to easily customize the color of each Windows XP folder icons, using one of the standard color choices, or a custom folder skin (Aqua, Mac OS X, Vista and others). To color-code a folder icon, simply right click on it and select the color choice from the menu. We can remove the coloring just as easily by simply reverting it. The program also adds a right-click option to change the icon for a selected hard drive. iColorFolder is open-source and we can add new functions if we want.
The latest version of iColorFolder is 1.4.2 and the new features of it include:
1. Add new file type icons.
2. Add drive icons function.
3. Supports high resolution in Windows XP Skin updated.
4. Supports full refresh of the Icon Cache.
5. Folders are refreshed automatically when changing their color.
6. Desktop Icons stay ordered when changing a File Type Icon (no more RefreshIconCache).
7. Add some new skin.
8. The .NET Framework is no more required.
9. The Lite version of iColorFolder can be compiled with a simple switch in the script of the Setup.
10. Setup now checks if Administrator Rights are available (required for Setup, not for daily usage).
11. Support of latest Mono versions.
12. Source Tree reorganized to allow a "right out of the box" compilation.
13. New installer command-line argument: "/SKIN=SKIN_NAME" (see the ReadMe file for more details). We can force the use of Mono by passing the argument "/MONO" to the installer.
14. Supports better reinstallation.
15. Ability to change the default icon of all the files of the same type.
16. Found a workaround for the impossible customization of some system folders.
17. Respect of the special folders icon (My Pictures, My Music, etc).
18. Ability to add any extra icons to a skin and so on.
In addition, iColorFolder is free for us and it does not contain any adware or spyware, so we can use it safely and undisturbed. It is standalone software and does not need any extra software and hardware requirement. It works with WinXP only and its current version is 1.4.2. IColorFolder is the most powerful tools with such more functions we need to customize the color of XP folders and its size is very small, only 1517kb!
Overall, iColorFolder is a very nice, easy to use and full-functions applications to customize the color of XP folders. The developer of this software wanted to ensure ease of use for the average home user with its simple, clean, great looking interface, but included features for even the most demanding, experienced users. It is an ideal solution for WindowsXP users. With all these features, simple interface, excellent usability and free trial - why are you still reading Download the free trial now and experience what powerful and effective it is at once! If you feel this utility is helpful indeed, introduce it to your friends please!
iColorFolder is a useful utility that will organize and change your folder icon.
To begin, the program has been entirely rewritten in C++ ; thus the .NET Framework is no more needed. Then, Flyakite told me how to do to take in count the changes to the folder immediately ; you don t need anymore to refresh Explorer view to see the new color or icon of a folder.
Finally, about the skins, the Vista skin has been updated, with the help of Nobo. The SnowE2 skin has been removed from the default pack, and been replaced by the gorgeous Agua skin, made by Ced with David Lanham s icons.
* Organise your files more easily
* With iColorFolder, give some color to WindowsXP folders. With just a right-click, colorize your folders, and discover a new intuitive way to classify your files. A quick view is now enough to identify the folder you are looking for !
* Classify your folders by Family
* You can now classify your folders by Family. Red is an Important folder, Orange is Urgent, Green is Familial... Choose the attributions that you like, so you ll never delete an important folder by error.
* A fast and light tool
* iColorFolder is a very light soft, that doesn t stay in memory. It uses a native functionnality of WindowsXP to be more efficient. Discover it s simplicity : with a single right-click on a folder you colorize it ; the necessary and only the necessary. iColorFolder is proudly an Open-Source program.
* Fully skinnable
* iColorFolder is bundled with three apparences : the default apparence of WindowsXP folders, a Mac OS X skin and a Snow.E2 skin. If your system is already customized with shellpacks like WinOSX, you ll keep the same folder apparence. You can find other skins on the Web or even easily create one yourself.
* Some images tells more than a thousand word
* You ll find in the Screenshots Section some images describing iColorFolder and presenting it s functionalities. Try it ! If you didn t like it, you can uninstall it fully and quickly.
The license of this software is Free, you can free download and free use this image utility software.