WD FAT32 Formatter
WD FAT32 Formatter is a External USB/FireWire Fat32 Formatting Utility. It will format a Western Digital external USB or FireWire hard drive back to its original FAT32 partition and format. WD FAT32 Formatter is very easy to use; as soon as it is installed you can run it and re-format the selected drive.
1. Download the ExtFat32_vs2.00.zip file to your desktop.
2. Use an extraction utility such as WinZip to extract the files.
3. If you already have an older version of WD FAT32 Formatter installed on your system, you will need to remove it first. If you don't, go to step 6.
4. Using Windows Add or Remove Programs found in the Control Panel, remove the older version of ExtFAT32 Formatter.
5. Once you've removed the old version, double-click on the DeleteBinFilesFromSystem32 program (found in the new FAT32 Formatter folder). This will remove all WDxxxx.bin files from the C:\WINDOWS\system32 directory.
6. Next, double-click on the ExtFAT32v2.0.msi file to install the new WD FAT32 Formatter version 2.0 on your system.
7. The new WD FAT32 Formatter v2.0 will copy all the new WDxxxx.bin files to the C:\Program Files\Western Digital Corp\WD FAT32 Formatter\Images folder.
8. Once the install process is finished, the WD FAT32 Formatter will put a program icon on the desktop that you can double-click on, and start the format process.
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this disk management software.