Do you believe that you can make a phone call over the Internet Want to make an international long-distance telephone call free or cost less money Want to enjoy more functions than standard communication of phone Absolutely, an Internet phone software can realize it for you! Did you make a phone call over the Internet with an Internet phone utility before Never mind, here I will commend an excellent and popular Internet phone utility to you. That is Skype which came from Skype Limited. With Skype we need not to place a telephone on our desk that has no enough space left or run fast to the telephone in next room when the bell is ringing. Here is the detailed introduction of this Internet softphone.
Skype is a user friendly P2P software, that allows us to make free Internet telephone calls (VoIP) to any other Skype user, anywhere in the world. The sound quality is as good or even better than regular phones, and requires no additional equipment, besides a normal PC microphone or headset. The Skype interface is similar to popular instant messenger clients and allows us to create a profile, with optional picture, that will be displayed when we call other Skype users or receive incoming call. The program is very easy to use, and works with firewalls and NAT without any additional configuration changes. Basically, all we have to do is download, select a Skype username and we are ready to make or receive calls. In addition, Skype is free for us and it does not contain any adware or spyware. It is a standalone software and does not need any extra software and hardware requirement. It works with Win98/ME/2000/XP and its current version is 22.214.171.124.
The key functions and benefits of this VoIP softphone include:
1. Skype allows us to receive calls on their computers dialed by regular phone subscribers to a local Skype phone number; local numbers are available for Australia, Brazil, Chile, Denmark, the Dominican Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Poland, Romania, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States. We can have local numbers in any of these countries, with calls to the number charged at the same rate as calls to fixed lines in the country. Some jurisdictions, including France and Germany, forbid the registration of their telephone numbers to anyone without a physical presence or citizenship in the countryedit.
2. Skype launched a "Skypecasts Beta" service where it remained in beta until its end in September 2008. Skypecasts hosted public conference calls, up to 100 people at a time. Unlike ordinary Skype p2p conference calls, Skypecasts support moderation features suitable for panel discussions, lectures, and town hall forums. Skype operated a directory of public Skypecasts.
3. Skype is available for the N800 and N810 Internet Tablets, which use the Linux Maemo environment. Skype is available on both the Sony Mylo COM-1 and newer COM-2 models. Skype is available for the PSP (PlayStation Portable) Slim and Lite with firmware version 3.90 or higher, but we needs to purchase one of three microphone input peripherals.
4. Skype is available on mobile devices running Windows Mobile. The official Symbian version was under development, but was not released. Official Skype support is available as part of X-Series together with mobile operator 3. However this uses a regular mobile phone call and iskoot to a Skype gateway, rather than mobile internet.
5. Other companies produce dedicated Skype phones which connect via WiFi. Third party developers, such as Nimbuzz and Fring, have allowed Skype to run in parallel with several other competing VoIP/IM networks in any Symbian or Java environment. Nimbuzz has made Skype available to BlackBerry users.
6. Skype has a friendly and easy-to-use interface. This is a very nice, easy to use and full-functions tiny internet phone. Not only can beginners use it simply but also experienced users can also use it for advanced application. With all these features, simple interface, excellent usability and free trial - why are you still reading Download the free trial now and experience what powerful and effective it is at once! If you feel this utility is helpful indeed, introduce it to your friends please!
Skype is free and simple software that enables you to make free calls anywhere in the world in only minutes. Skype uses innovative P2P (peer-to-peer) technology to connect you with other users.
It is quick and easy to install and offers several features, including SkypeOut calling from Skype to regular and mobile phones worldwide, free conference calling, and secure file transferring. Skype calls have better sound quality than your regular phone and are highly secure, with end-to-end encryption.
Skype is a user friendly P2P software, that allows you to make free Internet telephone calls (VoIP) to any other Skype user, anywhere in the world. The sound quality is as good or even better than regular phones, and requires no additional equipment, besides a normal PC microphone or headset.
The Skype interface is similar to popular instant messenger clients and allows you to create a profile, with optional picture, that will be displayed when you call other Skype users or receive incoming call. The program is very easy to use, and works with firewalls and NAT without any additional configuration changes. Basically, all you have to do is download, select a Skype username and you are ready to make or receive calls.
Features of Skype include:
1. Free unlimited worldwide phone calls to other Skype users
2. Superior sound quality
3. Works with all firewall, NAT and routers ? nothing to configure!
4. Friends list shows you when your Skype friends are online and ready to talk or chat
5. Super-simple and easy to use
6. Your calls are encrypted ?end-to-end? in order to safeguard your privacy
7. Based on cutting edge peer-to-peer technology developed by the creators of Kazaa and Joltid
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this internet phone software.