theRenamer renames your TV or Movie files into a neat and orderly format.....and adds in the TV show episodes titles! Awesome Simple Best TV Show Renamer .....with Episode Titles! Now Renames Movies too.
Requires Adobe Flash Player ver 8+ (Installed on IE browser)
1. A user interface that's idiot proof - using Drag & Drop.
2. Fuzzy Logic sorts out the Show name, Season/Episode numbers (S1E1, 1x1 or 101 formats).
3. Queries the most advanced search engine - Google
4. Automatically grabs the official show name and episode titles from the most comprehensive movie database on the web - IMDb.com, TV.com, theTVDB.com, EPGUIDES.com and AniDB.net (Anime shows, see more info.)
5. Database: Simple and automatic table for keeping track of TV website's ID number.
6. Force show names: Lets you customize how the Show Name is named (if you prefer shorter names).
7. Fetch Folder: Scans all files in that directory. Point it to your 'Download Complete' folder. For people who are too lazy to Drag & Drop.....I love it :)
8. Auto Move: Automatically moves files to your TV Show Archive after it's renamed.
9. Fully automate the entire rename and move process with parameter (theRenamer.exe -fetch and -fetchmovie)
10. MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES! theRenamer now supports Movie files as well.
11. Auto creates IMDb shortcut link to IMDb movie webpage.
theRenamer is designed solely to rename TV Shows (and Movies).
Supported websites to grab TV Show names and episode titles are: IMDb.com, TV.com, theTVDB.com, EPGUIDES.com and AniDB.net
theRenamer works with S1E01 and 1X01 and 101 formats. (season 1, episode 1)
1) S1E01 - S <season number> E <episode number>
2) 1x1 - <season number> x <episode number>
3) 101 - <season number><episode number>
A database is your personal file for storing shows and their respective IDcode.
The IDcode is the ID code number for a particular show in IMDB.com, theTVDB.com and AniDB.net
For TV.com and EPGUIDES.com, it's a section of the URL page.
When you drag shows to theRenamer, it first checks your database for the ShowName/IDcode.
IF the show is not listed in your database, it will try to google for it.
Once a successful file is renamed, theRenamer automatically adds the ShowName/IDcode to your database.
There is NO NEED to add the ShowName/IDcode for every show.
theRenamer does a great job in finding your show automatically, even with spelling errors in your file's ShowName.
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this file renaming software.