iTrain is a easy to use solution to control your model railroad with your computer. iTrain offers an easy to use solution to control your model railroad with your computer(s), especially if you want to automate only parts of your layout and keep control of the rest yourself. For example, automatic block control avoids collisions and you control which train is driving manually or fully automatically according to a selected route.
The single most important thing is to divide your layout in blocks (just as in reality). Then you define how the blocks are interconnected (via which turnouts) and which feedbacks (S88) and signals are attached to the blocks.
You don't have to control all your locs automatically. You can fully control a loc with the mouse or the keyboard. You do not need to buy extra or remote controllers, but just a wireless keyboard or mouse that you may already own. Also specifying the speed directly by using the numbers 0-9 for speed 0-90 km/h (and 100-190 km/h with the shift key) is a delight.
In your layout every element has a number or address. In iTrain everything has a name and iTrain will make the translation between the name and the address internally. You can work with the names (and names can also be numbers, but may be combined with letters) that are independent of changes in the wiring. For example changing the address of a turnout must be changed in the turnout, but all other elements like blocks and routes are not affected. This keeps maintenance costs and time low.
iTrain has no limitations in size of the switchboard or the numbers of locs it can control. All limitations are depending on the digital system used. Large layouts do not take up significantly more processing power, because no computer power is wasted by calculating everything so many times a second. iTrain is event based internally so that only changes will trigger recalculation of that part that is involved.
The most popular command stations for controlling your layout with the computer are now supported, but some are missing, because the interest is very low. Support may be added in the future depending on user requests and the availability of testers. Support for Zimo MX, Massoth and Selectrix (including Rautenhaus SLX & RMX and MTTM FCC) has been implemented and will be available in the next release.
1. Easy manual control of locomotives.
2. Very flexible switchboard with overview control.
3. Track routes to switch multiple turnouts and signals.
4. Train following system and block control via one or more feedbacks.
5. Easy configuration of block and warning signals.
6. Simple train route creation and activation.
7. Controlling one layout via multiple computers in a network.
8. Modification of definitions possible at all times and directly visible.
9. Support for: M rklin 6051, Intellibox (serial and USB), ECoS, M rklin CS1 & CS2, Loconet, Lenz XPressNet (both serial and USB), HSI-S88 (serial) and Dinamo.
10. Runs on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and OpenSolaris.
11. User interface in English, German, Dutch, French*, Italian*, Spanish*, Catalan* and Portuguese*.
This product is a commercial product so you need a license key to get all the functionality. Without it you get the Lite edition and you are limited to 3 locomotives, 64 accessories and 64 feedbacks. A small demo layout that works within this limits is in the package.
Before buying the product you can try the software for a limited period of time (between 1 and 2 months) and get the full functionality by registering yourself. After registration you will get a trial license key.
The license of this software is Free Trial Software, the price is EUR99.00, you can free download and get a free trial.