iPhone Backup Extractor
iPhone Backup Extractor extracts files from an iPhone backup. It is an easy-to-use program to extract files from an iPhone, iPod Touch, iPhone 3G or iPhone 3G s iTunes backup. It is useful for restoring AppStore applications, SMS histories, contact lists, call histories, photographs and other data that might otherwise be inaccessible. The registered version can automatically convert the extracted Apple databases into CSV format, so they can be easily imported into Excel, Outlook, or Webmail.
The backup extractor is free for non-commercial use, although registered users enjoy a number of benefits including faster restores, restoration of multiple files at a time, and automatic export to CSV. Commercial (ie. business users) users must register.
How can I put extracted files back on my iPhone?
It depends what the files are and on your level of technical ability. We can't vouch for any of these applications or methods working. If you know any neat tricks, let us know. In order of likely easiest:
1. Load it into Outlook, iTunes, MobileMe etc. and sync with your iPhone
2. Install a third-party piece of sync software like Syphone (Mac only)
3. Install a Wifi "shared drive" app (AirShare, DataCase, etc.) on the iPhone and try to replace the files directly
4. Jailbreak the iPhone and manually replace the files with SCP
5. Jailbreak the iPhone, SSH in and manually update the databases with SQLite once in
6. Save your old iTunes backup somewhere, get iTunes to take a new backup of your upgraded phone, then patch the new backup with files from the old backup and restore the new backup onto the phone (you'd need to hack the checksums manifest file to make this work which is fiddly but theoretically possible)
iPhone Backup Extractor Features:
1. Simple wizard interface guides you through restoration in five easy steps
2. No spyware, malware, or adware
3. No installer -- just a tiny download and a single file to run
4. Restoration is very fast
5. It automatically finds your iTunes backups -- no need to search for hidden folders
Plasea Note: The backup extractor is free for non-commercial use and fully functional. It can be registered for a small fee. Registered users are able to restore more than one file at a time.
* .NET Framework
* iTunes backup
* You can recover a limited numbers of files
The license of this software is Free Trial Software, the price is $69.95, you can free download and get a free trial.