iMerge is a Image-stacking and Mosaic-making program. IMerge is a program which allows multiple images to be placed onto a large virtual 'canvas', and arranged to produce a single large composite image, or mosaic. In regions where multiple images overlap, the result is an average of all contributing images - this has the effect of improving the signal/noise ratio. It is possible to 'feather' the edges of images to avoid visible boundaries, and it is also possible to adjust the brightness of each image in order to produce the best match with other images. Once a mosaic has been arranged, iMerge allows the overall brightness levels to be adjusted using a flexible histogram remapping tool.
The images can come from BMP or AVI files (colour or monochrome), or FIT files (monochrome only). Output can be saved in BMP or FIT format.
1. Input from BMP, FIT or AVI files
2. Drag & drop or dialog-based selection of input files
3. Manual or automatic image alignment, to within 1/16th pixel
4. Manual or automatic brightness adjustment
5. RGB or (faster) Monochrome mode, selectable at any time
6. Flexible histogram adjustment tool
7. Feathering of images
8. Save result as BMP (RGB or B/W) or FIT (16 or 32 bit B/W) file
9. Save and load projects as .IMP file
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this image processing software.