ZIP 2 Secure EXE
ZIP 2 Secure EXE is a utility program that creates self-extracting EXE files for Windows 95,98,Me,NT4,2000,XP,Vista,Server 2003,Server 2008, etc... Self-extracting EXE files are executable programs (EXEs) that contain a ZIP file and the software necessary to unzip the contents. Users can unzip the contents of a self-extracting EXE simply by running it like any other program. No other software is needed.
What Can "ZIP 2 Secure EXE" Do?
"ZIP 2 Secure EXE" provides features that may not be found in other self-extractors:
1. Up to 256-bit Strong AES Encryption. Safely encrypts the contents of your ZIP file with 128, 192, or 256-bit AES Encryption. To unzip, a user must provide the same password that was used when creating the self-extracting EXE. AES encryption is much stronger than standard ZIP encryption, which is regarded by security experts as being unsecure. How strong is 128-bit AES encryption?
2. Streaming Technology. Chilkat's streaming compression and encryption technology allows it to create an EXE from any size ZIP file under 4GB. The streaming compression and decryption technology ensures that it will be possible to unzip the archive on your end-user's computer, even if that computer has very little memory.
3. Progress Indicators. A progress bar is displayed during the unzip process so your end-user can decide whether there is time to get a cup of coffee while his computer is unzipping an especially large ZIP file.
4. Run from DOS in a Batch File. Pass the Zip filename by itself on the command line to create an EXE with no user interaction. Customization features may be passed on the command line.
5. Run a Setup EXE after Unzipping When creating the EXE, you may choose to designate a Setup EXE to be run after unzipping. Command line arguments may also be pre-specified to be passed to the Setup EXE.
6. Embed a Custom Icon Icon (.ico) files may be embedded in the self-extracting EXE.
7. Customize Title and Caption Text The title bar and progress caption may be customized.
8. Pre-set Unzip Directory It is possible to create an EXE that extracts to a pre-determined hard-coded absolute directory path, or a temp directory that is automatically chosen at extract time.
9. International Filenames International (Asian, Eastern European, Greek, Middle Eastern, etc.) filenames are supported with the -cp command line option.
10. DOS Environment Variables See this Chilkat blog post for information about using DOS environment variables on the DOS command line.
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this file compression software.