Windows 7 Start Button Changer
The Windows 7 Start Button Changer will backup you original explorer.exe, change the start button and restart explorer.exe.
If you are bored of look at the same old Windows 7 Start Orb, you can now change it easily. Click on Select & Change Start Button to select a custom Start Orb.
The program will backup you original explorer.exe, change the start button and restart explorer.exe. To restore the default Start Orb and explorer from the backup, click Restore Original Explorer Backup.
Editors note This was created by a 12 year old at The Windows Club forums. Cool!
1. Before changing from one custom orb to another custom orb, I'd suggest you first Restore Original Explorer Backup and go back to the defaults and then change over to another custom orb.
2. The program, must be run from its own Program Folder, ie the two files "Windows 7 Start Orb Changer" & "r.exe" must be in the same directory.
3. Best to always create a System Restore point first. Should you face any issue, you can always restore back to a good point. Alternatively, copy-paste sfc /scannow in start search and when it appears in the search result, right click on it and Run As Admin. This will run the System File Checker and replace all corrupted system files with original system files.
4. In the rare eventuality that you lose your explorer.exe, then from your desktop, press CTRL-SHIFT-ESC to bring up the Task Manager. Click File tab > New Task > Type cmd > Click Run. In the command prompt which opens, type sfc /scannow and hit enter. Restart when asked to.
5. IF in x64 version, you receive an 'unhandled exception' error, please click on Continue or try running it again 'As an Admin'.
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this shell extension software.