WD Discovery is a handy tool for finding available Western Digital devices. It's intelligent discovery mechanism automatically discovers these WD devices in the background, requiring no commands or manual setting of discovery criteria by users.
With WD Discovery’s user friendly graphical user interface, you can easily:
1. Find available devices ready for management on the left side of the home page
2. Bring up the web configuration page of the target device
3. Map network drives
4. Browse share folders
5. Create desktop shortcuts
WD Discovery Features:
1. Device Discovery - WD Discovery automatically discovers WD network-attached devices in your local network. You do not have to manually provide discovery criteria. The discovery process runs silently in the background and lists available devices in an easy-to-use graphical user interface. When you launch WD Discovery, you find a list of devices ready for management on the left side of the home page.
2. System Configuration - This feature launches Internet Explorer and opens a graphical user interface you can use to configure a WD network-attached device.
3. Network Drive Mapping - WD Discovery provides you with two mapping solutions to connect share folders as network drives: Auto Mapping and Manual Mapping.
4. Network Shares Browsing -The Network Shares Browsing feature makes it possible to use WD Discovery to connect to a share folder on a WD network-attached device in your local network and browse its contents.
5. Desktop Shortcut Creation - This feature enables you to create a desktop shortcut for quick and easy access to a WD network-attached device.
6. Turning Identify LED On or Off - WD Discovery allows you to turn a blue Identify LED on a network-attached WD ShareSpace on or off. The Identify LED lets you know which WD network-attached device is currently being accessed via WD Discovery.
7. Auto-Update Checking - WD Discovery automatically checks for a newer version and enables you to update the application if it finds one.
2.Extract the contents of the zip file to a location on the computer.
3.Run the file titled "WD Discovery Setup.msi" to install the WD Discovery Tool
Please Note: The WD Discovery Software will not work with the older My Book World (blue rings) network drive.
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this disk management software.