Vodafone Mobile Broadband
Vodafone Mobile Broadband (formerly Vodafone Mobile Connect) includes everything you need to open a mobile network or WLAN Wireless Local Area Network connections from your laptop or notebook.
1. Clear stylish simple to use interface
2. Alignment with Windows 7 features
3. Access to a variety of Vodafone value added services (depending on your service contract)
4. Compatibility and integration with Vista and Window 7:
5. Support for Windows 7 Mobile Broadband API and compatible devices
6. Easy to use interface for common tasks, and access to software and configuration settings through advanced view.
7. Always Best Connected (ABC) feature updates
8. Improved profile management
The Vodafone Mobile Broadband software makes it easy to connect online so you can access your email, web browser and company network.
Once you have installed the Vodafone Mobile Connect software (using the CD enclosed in this pack), you'll be able to:
1. Make mobile data connections over the Vodafone network - for example, to browse the internet or pick up your email
2. Find the address of the nearest Vodafone Wireless LocalArea Network (WLAN) location, also known as a hotspot, and make a connection* - for example, use WLAN in a hotel or an airport lounge
3. Send and receive SMS text messages through your computer
4. Monitor approximately how much data you transfer, and how long you connect.
System requirements for Vodafone Mobile Connect 3G broadband data card
1. Specifically designed for Windows 2000 and XP
2. Type II PC-card slot with cardbus interface
3. Memory - 32 MB RAM minimum, 64 MB recommended
4. 100MB minimum of free hard disk space
5. To use the Vodafone WLAN service, a WLAN-enabled laptop is required
Installation Instructions for Vodafone Mobile Connect 3G broadband data card
1. Uninstall any existing version of the Vodafone Mobile Connect software before starting to install the new software
2. Please ensure that you exit out of any programs that may be running
3. Download the software and Unzip it
4. Click on run.exe
5. The installation 'wizard' program should run automatically
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the Vodafone Mobile Connect software
7. Insert the data card when the on-screen message asks you to
The Vodafone Mobile Broadband software is designed to let you perform the most common actions by clicking on a single button.
Connect via the mobile network or a WLAN hotspot
2. Start programs
Start programs that you use frequently
3. Get support
Get additional support and information
4. Check mobile status
Check status of your data card and the mobile network
5. Adjust settings
Additional software settings
6. Check Vodafone WLAN status
Check availability and status of WLAN hotspots
Monitor your approximate usage and connection time
8. Find a Vodafone WLAN hotspot
Allows you to search a database of available hotspots
Vodafone WLAN is based on Wireless LAN technology, which is often referred to as 802.11b or WiFi. It enables you to connect a compatible laptop to the internet or your company network by using a high-speed wireless connection at hotspot locations. The Vodafone WLAN Service is designed to work with any laptop that is IEEE 802.11b and WiFi certified. Some laptops - including Intel Centrino laptop PCs, have built-in WLAN capability. Others will require a WLAN PC card or USB device. Our WLAN service is available at over 2,000 hotspot locations across the UK, including airports, hotels, conference centres, motorway service stations, restaurants and cafes.
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this phone software.