TreeLine is a structured information storage program. A simple PIM to help you with your work. TreeLine is an easy to use application designed to enables you to create and manage all sort of notes.
Basically, it just stores almost any kind of information. A tree structure makes it easy to keep things organized. And each node in the tree can contain several fields, forming a mini-database. The output format for each node can be defined, and the output can be shown on the screen, printed, or exported to html.
1. Stores almost any type of information, including plain text, HTML, numbers, dates, times, booleans, URLs, etc.
2. The tree structure helps keep things organized.
3. Each node can have several fields that form a mini-database.
4. Several node types, with different sets of fields, can be included in one file.
5. The node format, including fields, output lines and tree-view icon, can be defined for each node type.
1. The left-hand view defaults to a tree view but can show a flat list of descendants of the current node.
2. The left flat view also shows the results of filtering operations.
3. The right-hand view can show one of three views - for showing output, editing node data and editing node titles.
4. The right-hand view is normally split to show data from the parent node and its children.
5. If multiple nodes are selected, the right-hand view shows all of their data.
6. The output view can be set to show indented output from all descendant nodes.
1. There is a quick incremental search command to find a matching node title.
2. There is a find command that searches through all node data.
3. Previous and next selection commands toggle selections to quickly move between parts of the tree.
1. The dialog for data type configuration has several tabs to easily set all type, field and output parameters.
2. Formatting information can be copied from another TreeLine file.
1. Undo and redo commands are available for all modifying operations.
2. TreeLine files are XML by default, but there are options for automatically compressing or encrypting the files.
3. Document templates for new files are preformatted to cover basic needs.
4. The formatted output can be printed with parent/child lines and headers and footers.
File Import and Export
1. The data can be exported to HTML.
2. An XSLT file can be exported to work with the XML TreeLine files.
3. Tab-delimited tables and tab-indented text files can be imported and exported. Plain text files and
Treepad files can be imported.
1. Mozilla and XBEL format bookmark files can be imported and exported.
2. Generic XML files can be imported and exported, allowing TreeLine to function as a crude XML editor.
3. ODF text documents can be imported and exported as outlines.
4. Batch file conversions can be done from a command line interface.
1. Clicking on URL fields in the output view opens the link in an external web browser.
2. There are internal link fields that select another node based on a reference or a keyword.
3. An executable link can run an external program or open a file when clicked.
1. There are several sorting options.
2. The nodes can be filtered.
3. A node's icon and output format can be changed conditionally based on its data.
4. Text data can be spell checked (requires an external program - see the System Requirements section).
5. Data can be automatically arranged using either parent references or categories from data fields.
6. There is an outline numbering feature.
1. There are many options for customizing both general and file-based attributes.
2. There are editors for keyboard shortcuts and toolbar commands.
3. The user interface and documentation are available in English, French and German.
The license of this software is Free, you can free download and free use this information management software.