The Oud Tutor
Play music on a virtual oud using your computer keyboard or mouse. The Oud Tutor is an oud simulator program that provides you with an intuitive way to learn how to play your favorite songs on a real oud. It enables you to learn how to play a song, by playing the sound and showing proper fingerings -- animated on the oud fingerboard -- in real-time with the music.
The Oud Tutor also allows you to play the oud yourself using the mouse or the keyboard, with full microtone capability.
* Various oud tunings for both 5-string and 6-string ouds
* User-selected oud orientation (right-handed, left-handed, player view, and mirror view)
* Allowing quarter tones
* 21 predefined maqams, with all their possible transpositions (different "tonic" notes)
* The oud visually reflects the selected maqam via indicating the "maqam" notes and their fingering positions
* Music playback and fingering animation for the standard MIDI files and the proprietary MZ* files. The latter file format provides for displaying sheet music.
* Possibility to transpose the playback by whole octaves
* MIDI channel filtering, with 2 independent aspects: sound and fingering animation
* On-the-fly tempo control during playback
* Full microtone capability when playing the oud using the mouse. Clicking an oud string at any point will produce the exact tone that would be produced on a real oud.
* Sample melodies from classical Arab-music in different maqams
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this audio utility software.