Sun ODF Plugin for Microsoft Office
The Sun ODF Plug in for Microsoft Office was designed to give users of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint the ability to read, edit and save to the ISO-standard Open Document Format. The ODF Plug in is available as a free download from the Sun Download Center (SDLC). Download the ODF Plug in.
The Plug in is easy to setup and use, the conversion happens transparently and the additional memory footprint is minimal. Microsoft Office users now can have seamless two-way conversion of Microsoft Office documents to and from Open Document. The ODF Plug in runs on Microsoft Windows and is available in English. More language support will be available in later releases.
1. The Sun ODF Plugin for Microsoft Office gives users of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint the ability to read, edit and save to the ISO-standard Open Document Format (ODF).
2. The plugin works with Microsoft Office 2007 (Service Pack 1 or higher), Microsoft Office 2003, XP and Microsoft Office 2000.
3. The plugin is based on StarOffice technology and is easy to setup and use, the conversion happens transparently and the additional memory footprint is minimal.
4. The Sun ODF Plugin is currently the only converter with Enterprise support available. Enterprises who want to use the ISO-standardized file format with Microsoft Office can sign service contracts with Sun. Contact Sun Sales for further information.
Sun ODF Plugin for Microsoft Office Features:
1. Open Source:
The availability of the source code enables customization, ports to different platforms, deeper integration options and localization for any language.
2. Open Standard XML File Format:
Access and process your documents outside of OpenOffice.org, and avoid proprietary file format lock-in. Beginning with version 2.0, OpenOffice.org will use the OASIS OpenDocument XML file format standard as the default file format. The OpenDocument file format has been approved by ISO as well and is supported by multiple vendors and applications.
Users can have office productivity on their preferred platform(s), and across heterogenous environments.
Create documents in your native language.
5. Interoperability with other office suites:
Leverage your existing investment - read, write and edit documents from other office suites, including Microsoft Office.
6. PDF Export:
One click PDF export enables convenient document-sharing outside the enterprise.
7. Drawings and Diagrams:
Create org charts, network diagrams and illustrations without requiring additional software.
* <a href="www.softsea.com/get/Office-tools/Office-suites/Microsoft-Office.shtml">Microsoft Office 2000, Office XP, Office 2003, or the equivalent standalone version of Word</a>
* Pentium compatible PC
* 256 MB RAM (512 MB RAM recommended)
* 45 MB available hard disk space
What's New in This Release: [ <a href="www.softsea.com/progChangelog/Sun-ODF-Plugin-for-Microsoft-Office-Changelog-77947.html">read full changelog</a> ]
* The new release of the ODF Plugin, version 3.1, supports ODF 1.2 and improves the import and export of ODF files into Microsoft Office, increasing the interoperability of the plugin. Also new to this release is the ability for users to disable the 'Registration and Update' feature. This version supports Microsoft Office 2007 (Service Pack 1 or higher) and is available in 16 different languages.
* Brazilian Portuguese
* Iberian Portuguese
* Simplified Chinese
* Traditional Chinese
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this microsoft office add-ins software.