Subtitle Edit is an editor for video subtitles - a subtitle editor. With it you can easily adjust the start time of a subtitle if it is out of sync with the video. It is written in C# and full source code is included.
1. VISUALLY sync/adjust a subtitle (start/end position and speed).
2. Create/add subtitle lines
3. Translation helper (for manual translation)
4. Convert between SubRib, MicroDVD, Substation Alpha, SAMI, and more
5. Import VobSub sub/idx binary subtitles (code is ripped from Subtitle Creator by Erik Vullings/Manusse)
6. Show texts earlier/later
8. Adjust display time
9. Fix common errors
10. Remove text for hear impaired
12. Can read and write UTF-8 and other unicode files (besides ANSI)
13. Swedish to danish translation built-in (via Multi Translator Online)
14. Google translation built-in
15. Spell checking via Open Office dictionaries/NHunspell (many dictionaries available)
16. Effects: Typewriter and karoake
17. Can open subtitles embedded inside matroska files
18. History/undo manager
* .NET Framework
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this video utility software.