Spek is an acoustic spectrum analyser written in Vala. It uses the GNOME platform: GLib, GTK+, Cairo and Pango as well as the FFmpeg libraries. It helps to analyse your audio files by showing their spectrogram. Spek supports all popular lossy and lossless audio file formats.
1. Switch from GStreamer to FFmpeg libraries for audio decoding.
2. Decode audio and perform the analysis in separate threads.
3. Associate with audio files (“Open with…” menu in file managers.)
4. Show the name of the open file in the window title.
5. Support 24-bit FLACs.
6. Drag and Drop support.
7. Show file name and its properties in the window.
The license of this software is Free, you can free download and free use this audio utility software.