Sibelius 6 is a giant leap forward in notation software with amazing new features and improvements for educators, students, composers, arrangers, copyists and musicians of all kinds.
* No more tidying up scores
Only in Sibelius: Magnetic Layout takes care of almost every detail of score layout for you - so effortlessly, you'll hardly notice. As you write, it gives everything just the right amount of space and avoids collisions producing beautiful results. This one feature saves you up to half your writing time.
* Track changes and compare versions
Only in Sibelius: Have you ever written something better the first time around? Versions keeps track of revisions to your score, lets you look back at earlier versions of it, and see what changes were made since. Collaboration becomes a joy, and you can even add sticky Comments to leave notes for yourself, or others.
* Conduct your scores
It's time to take to the podium! Live Tempo lets you conduct the playback of your score to produce a nuanced, musical performance. Simply tap a key on your computer keyboard, MIDI keyboard or foot pedal, and Sibelius follows your beat.
* Great new sounds in no time
High-quality playback now needs no set-up at all just hit the space bar, and Sibelius plays back using amazing sampled sounds. High-quality playback is more seamlessly integrated than ever, thanks to the latest technology from Digidesign's AIR team.
* Sync with sequencers and DAWs
Only in Sibelius: Add a live performance to an audio recording, or sync a recording with your score playback. You can do all of this and more thanks to ReWire support, which lets you sync Sibelius playback with products like Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, GarageBand and more.
* Beautiful Keyboard & Fretboard windows
If you prefer using a keyboard or guitar to notation, these beautiful new windows are ideal. Simply click on the keys or frets to input notes and chords or 'play' your computer's QWERTY keys just like a piano! They're great for teaching, too.
* Easy chord symbols & guitar diagrams
Chord symbols and guitar chord diagrams can now be created quicker than ever from your computer keyboard, MIDI keyboard or MIDI guitar. They also feature many enhancements and extra notations, including guitar scale diagrams.
* Unrivalled pro engraving
Sibelius 6 lets you produce scores so stunning, they're virtually works of art. Slurs are now the most beautiful and controllable of any program. Stemlets and beamed rests can be added and positioned instantly, as can arpeggio lines. Sibelius 6 will even include cautionary accidentals automatically helping you produce performance-ready scores every time.
* Sell your scores around the world
Only with Sibelius: The brand new SibeliusMusic.com makes it even easier for you to earn an income from electronic sales of your scores around the world. Or you can just share and exchange scores with fellow musicians and Sibelius users.
* Sing in music!
People have been asking for years about inputting music from a microphone and AudioScore lets you do just that! Developed by Neuratron, creators of PhotoScore, AudioScore lets you input music into Sibelius simply by singing or playing an instrument, then hit a button to put the results into Sibelius.
* Shift-drag moves objects horizontally/vertically
* Alt+drag or Option-drag moves object without moving attachment position
* Ctrl+drag or Command-drag suspends Magnetic Layout while moving
* Tab advances to next bar when inputting chord symbols
* New Keypad button to stop note input or deselect (for smartboards)
* View handles - makes ends of lines etc. easier to select
* Use F13-F19 as shortcuts on new Macs
* Set duration of and silence after fermatas (pauses), individually or throughout
* Double-click fader in Mixer resets it to default position (new since v5.0)
* Shift or Ctrl/Command when opening instrument strip opens all similar/all other strips (new since v5.0)
* Omit muted staves when exporting MIDI file (option)
Look & feel
* Hide particular toolbar buttons
* Auto-hide toolbar buttons if insufficient room
* Tile multiple open scores (new on Mac)
* Move around Symbol and Edit Symbols dialogs with arrow keys, and see symbol names
* Smoother zoom with Ctrl+mouse wheel
* Command+mouse wheel zooms on Mac
* Better keyboard access for dialogs (e.g. Clefs, Symbols, Key Signature) on Mac
* Set paper & desk texture of versions
* Many other look & feel improvements
Engraving & notations
* Dynamics automatically above vocal staves
* Lines split between systems more controllable - e.g. two halves have independent vertical positions and slur/tie shape
* Line ends easier to select
* Chord symbols appear by default as diagrams on guitar notation staves, chord text on other staves
* Tie thickness adjustable
* Tuplets always above notes on vocal staves (option)
* Accidentals persist after mid-bar clef changes
* Width of empty bar varies with bar length (option)
* Automatic breve bar rests in 4/2
* Special staff spacing for multi-staff instruments (e.g. keyboards, divided winds)
* Move rehearsal marks & tempo text up/down without affecting ones on other staves in same place
* Better default positions of many text styles and lines
* Cross-staff beams improved
* Ossia staves improved
* Check Redundancies - hides/deletes unnecessary clef/key/time signature changes etc.
* Export Each Staff as Audio - for importing into a sequencer
* Convert Folder of Scores to Earlier Version
* Other plug-ins improved
* Easier network installation
* Client copies can connect from any IP address
* Largest network license now unlimited (previously 255 computers)
* Use same preferences for all users of a computer
* Many editing operations faster, particularly on large selected passages
* Reminds you to save a version when you close a score
* Improved manuscript papers for new scores
* Auto-select US or European paper sizes for new scores or imported files
* Imports octave lines in MusicXML files
* Various bugs fixed
The license of this software is Free Trial Software, you can free download and get a free trial.