SharePort Utility allows you to connect your PC to a USB device that is connected to a device server. Use SharePort Utility when you connect/disconnect to/from the USB device.
SharePort Utility is a simple means of connecting your computer to server-attached devices, can connect your PC to a USB device that is connected to a device server. Use SharePort Utility when you connect/disconnect to/from the USB device. SharePort Utility enables you to have your computer automatically connected to USB printers and you can control it from your system tray, by clicking the applications icon.
SharePort Utility Features:
1. Easy to Use:
You only have to select the USB device in SharePort Utility and click the Connect button.
2. The USB device will be available to your PC as if it was directly connected to your PC. When finished using the USB device, click the Disconnect button in SharePort Utility.
Printer Auto Connection:
3. When you print to a USB printer, SharePort Utility will automatically connect your PC to the printer. When the print job is complete, SharePort Utility will disconnect your PC from the USB printer. Thus, you will not have to manually connect/disconnect to/from the USB printer using SharePort Utility.
You can configure this setting at the message which pops up from SharePort Utility when a new printer is found on your network, or from the properties dialog accessible from SharePort Utility.
4. Allows Control from the Task tray:
The minimized menu window in the task tray will allow you to connect/disconnect to/from USB devices without displaying SharePort Utilitys main window
5. Send a Remote Message to Another User to Request for Disconnect:
When you are sharing a USB device with several users and one of them occupies the USB device for a long time, you can request to the user to disconnect the device by sending a remote message. If the user accepts the disconnect request, the right of use is automatically passed down to you, so that you can use the USB device.
6. Operating Settings for Each USB Device:
The operational settings such as Start designated application when connected or Automatically connect this device when it is available (Sharing disabled) can be configured for each USB device.
If a USB device is shared among several users, make sure that each user disconnects from the USB device after they have finished using it. Otherwise, other users will not be able to connect to the USB device.
1. If you use a printer or USB device with a printing capability, you can utilize the printer auto-connect feature to skip the Connect/Disconnect process. For detail, refer to How to Use a Printer.
2. It is impossible to connect to a USB device that is in use by another user. SharePort Utility has a feature allowing you to ask a user to disconnect from the USB device that you wish to use by sending a remote message, so that the right of use is passed down to you. For details, refer to How to Request for Disconnect.
3. If you will be the only one using a particular USB device, it is recommended to set SharePort Utility to automatically connect to that USB device when it is detected. For details, refer to USB Device Operational Settings.
4. SharePort Utility has a feature allowing you to automatically start a designated application when a USB device is connected. For details, refer to USB Device Operational Settings.
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this network utility software.