Serial Printer Logger
Serial Printer Logger can replace your old dot-matrix printers and collect data in real time to a binary log file, a PDF or a MS Word electronic document. This replacement will save your money that you will spend for paper, consumables and maintenance. The program parses ESC/P control codes, decodes graphics and extracts information about fonts type and size from a binary data flow. So you can reprint documents later or create a backup copy. Serial Printer Logger provides data capture from printers that connected via RS232, RS485 or Ethernet.
You may be a professional hardware or network engineer, an application maintenance person, or a talented technology fan illuminated by a new bright technical concept and looking for a handy utility for extending your hardware-software application. Whatever the case may be, look no further than Serial Printer Logger, for it will satisfy all of your technical needs.
This program can replace your old dot-matrix printers and transfer bytes in real time to a binary log file, a PDF or an MS Word electronic document. Save time and money (paper, consumables, maintenance.) If you have several dot-matrix printers working simultaneously, the software provides real-time data collection from printers that are connected via RS232, RS485 or Ethernet and can handle many ports at once and log the records to a hard drive or any specified location! The program parses ESC/P2 control codes and decodes graphics, fonts from the received data. You can reprint documents later or make a backup copy. Serial Printer Logger can work as a NT service, which means that you can use it on servers or users may log on and off the Windows, and the program will still be there recording your information. Astonishing functionality at an affordable price!
* logs multiple printers at once. Each device can have fully different parameters;
* supports most ESCP and ESCP 2 control codes (except custom symbols);
* collects and extracts BMP or raster graphics;
* supports various fonts types and sizes;
* supports various paper sizes;
* supports date/time stamping;
* writes received symbols without any changes to a log file;
* data writing to ready-to-use RTF or PDF files;
* program messages logging;
* simple, step by step set-up;
* available plugin modules to extend program features;
* works on all Windows platforms.
What problems can be solved with Serial Printer Logger
A typical application for Serial Printer Logger is to replace one or more dot-matrix printers with one PC that will capture and store documents electronically.
Getting started is easy. Serial Printer Logger is ready!
After installation start Serial Printer Logger from the Start Menu. Click the green plus button and choose the communication parameters for your dot-matrix printer. Then define how you want the serial data to be logged (binary log file, RTF or PDF).
* Serial Printer Logger is based on an engine of our favorite product Advanced Serial Data Logger and therefore inherits all base features of this software, but apart from Advanced Serial Data Logger that works with serial ports (RS232 or RS485) only Serial Printer Logger works with RS232, TCP/IP or UDP ports and sockets.
* Capability to log multiple ports at same time. Our data logger has the capability to log multiple ports simultaneously so that multiple dot-matrix printers can be logged. Each port may have fully different settings;
* Universal. Supports most ESC/P and ESC/P 2 control codes, except custom characters;
* Extended logging features. Outputs received data without any changes to a log file at real-time. Supports date/time stamping. Supports custom baudrates;
* Customized fonts. Different fonts types and sizes. Can use ESC/P or ESC/P2 control code for fonts selection;
* Customized paper size. Supports various paper sizes: A4 210 x 297 mm, A5 148 x 210 mm, Letter 8 1/2 x 11 in etc.;
* Various graphics. Captures and decodes bitmap or raster graphics. In a PDF file graphics will be compressed for a smaller file size;
* PDF. Exports captured from a dot-matrix printer data to ready-to-use Adobe PDF at real-time;
* Microsoft Word. Exports captured from a dot-matrix printer data to ready-to-use RTF file, including graphics;
* Program message logging - writing to a file all program messages, so you may diagnose errors and warning;
* Plugins. Plugin modules that extending program features;
* Simple, menu-driven step by step set-up Programming is not required to configure the software to collect data;
* Various OS. Works on all Windows versions 9x/Me/NT/2000/XP/Vista, including x86 and x64 platforms.
* Windows service mode. Unlike most other serial logging applications, Serial Printer Logger can run as a service so that it starts as soon as the operating system starts and doesn't require a user to log in and run it. It will continue to run even as users logon and logoff the workstation.
* It is extremely easy to use! The configuration process is fully menu driven and has complete, context sensitive, on-line help. You can easily customize all input to your exact specifications. Once you see how easy it is to use Serial Printer Logger, you will never again take data readings by hand!
The license of this software is Free Trial Software, the price is $70.00, you can free download and get a free trial.