SRWare Iron is one browser based on the free Sourcecode "Chromium" - without any problems at privacy and security. Google's Web browser Chrome thrilled with an extremely fast site rendering, a sleek design and innovative features. But it also gets critic from data protection specialists , for reasons such as creating a unique user ID or the submission of entries to Google to generate suggestions.
SRWare Iron is a real alternative. The browser is based on the Chromium-source and offers the same features as Chrome - but without the critical points that the privacy concern.
Comparism of Iron and Chrome at privacy:
1. Client-ID: Chrome creates a unique ID through which a user can be theoretically identified. (does not exist in Iron)
2. Timestamp: Chrome remembers up to the second exactly when the software was installed. (does not exist in Iron)
3. Sugges: Depending on the configuration, each time you put something in the address line,this information is sent to Google to provide suggestions. (does not exist in Iron)
4. Alternate Error Pages: Depending on the configuration, if you have typed a false address in the adress bar, this is sent to Google and you get an error message from Google's servers. (does not exist in Iron)
5. Error Reporting: Depending on the configuration, details about crashes or failures are sent Google's servers. (does not exist in Iron)
6. RLZ-Tracking: This Chrome-function transmits information in encoded form to Google, for example, when and where Chrome has been downloaded. (does not exist in Iron)
7. Google Updater: Chrome installs a updater, which loads at every Windows in background. (does not exist in Iron)
8. URL-Tracker: Calls depending on the configuration five seconds after launch the Google homepage opens in background. (does not exist in Iron)
Iron ist an Internet-Browser like "Internet Explorer", "Firefox" oder "Opera". It is based on the "Chromium" Sourcecode. You can get Iron for free here.
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this web browser software.