RightMark CPU Clock Utility
RightMark CPU Clock Utility (RMClock) is a GUI application designed for realtime CPU frequency/load monitoring and on-the-fly adjustment of the CPU multiplier (FID) and voltage level (VID) of the supported CPUs via processor's power management model specific registers (MSRs).
RightMark CPU Clock Utility is a software that provides you processor, core and voltage information.
In auto-management mode it continuously monitors the CPU usage level and dynamically adjusts the CPU frequency and/or voltage level as needed.
* Real-time CPU clock and CPU/OS load level determination and monitoring (with optional logging).
* Detection of virtually any form of CPU clock throttling.
* Dynamic on-demand CPU performance state (P-state) transitions via real-time adjustment of CPU multiplier (FID) and/or requested voltage level (VID).
* Dynamic on-demand CPU clock modulation via real-time transitions between CPU clock throttling levels.
* Fine-tuning of advanced CPU-specific power management settings for AMD K7, AMD K8, Intel Pentium M/Centrino platform, Intel Pentium 4 and Xeon, Intel Core Solo/Core Duo/Centrino Duo platform, Intel Core 2, VIA C7 and Transmeta Crusoe/Efficeon CPU families.
* Complete support for multi-processor (SMP/HT/multicore) systems.
* Windows power management settings and LCD display brightness control (where supported).
* Battery information display (general and per-battery) including real-time status display of the battery life time, charge level, charge/discharge rate etc.
* CPU core temperature display (available on AMD K8, Intel Core and Intel Core 2 CPU families).
Current release of RMClock utility implements the CPU frequency, CPU load and throttling level determination on the following processor models:
* AMD K7 (Athlon/XP/MP, Duron, Sempron) and K8 (Athlon 64/FX/X2, Opteron, Dual-Core Opteron, Sempron, Turion 64/X2) family processors.
* Intel Pentium II/Celeron, Pentium III/Celeron, Pentium M/Celeron M, Pentium 4/Celeron (Northwood and Prescott cores), Pentium 4 Extreme Edition (Gallatin and Prescott cores), Xeon (Prestonia, Nocona, Cranford, Irwindale, Potomac, Paxville and Dempsey cores), Pentium D and Pentium Extreme Edition (Smithfield, Presler and Cedar Mill cores), Core Solo/Celeron M/Core Duo (Yonah core) and Core 2 Duo/Core 2 Quad/Core 2 Extreme/Xeon (Conroe/Allendale, Merom, Woodcrest, Kentsfield/Clovertown cores).
Dynamic P-state transitions are supported on:
* AMD Athlon 64/FX/X2, Sempron, Turion 64/X2, mobile Athlon 64, Opteron and Dual-Core Opteron featuring AMD Cool`n'Quiet(tm) technology.
* Mobile or Low-Power Desktop AMD Athlon XP featuring AMD PowerNow!(tm) technology.
* Intel Pentium M, Intel Core Solo and Core Duo, Intel Core 2 Duo, Core 2 Quad and Core 2 Extreme, Intel Xeon (Woodcrest and Clovertown cores) featuring Enhanced Intel(R) SpeedStep(tm) technology (EIST).
* Intel Pentium 4 600 series (Prescott N0 core), Intel Xeon (Nocona, Cranford, Irwindale, Potomac, Paxville and Dempsey cores), Intel Pentium D 800/900 series (Presler core), Intel Pentium Extreme Edition (Smithfield, Presler and Cedar Mill cores) featuring Enhanced Intel(R) SpeedStep(tm) technology (also known as Demand-Based Switching).
Supported platforms: OS
* 32-bit Windows NT class OS version 5.0 and higher: Windows 2000, XP, 2003 Server and Vista platforms. No support for Win9x OS family is ever planned.
* Support for Windows XP x64 platforms is available since version 1.7 (x64 driver included into the package).
* NOTE: Support for 64-bit Windows Vista is currently limited due to the kernel mode driver digital signature requirement of that OS (workarounds are necessary).
* NOTE: You must have Administrative rights to install and run this utility.
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this cpu benchmark software.