ProgramLaunch is a simple and easy to use application launchbar for the Windows operating systems. Initially made as a tool to circumvent the anoying start menu, this third generation is completely redesigned from scratch to improve flexibility and performance and make everyday use of the launcher as comfortable as possible.
Managing the launchpad is simple and intuitive. Programs are added either through a dialog or by dragging links from Windows onto the launchpad. Organizing the programs is also done easily by dragging the icons and groups arround. Assign one or more shortcuts for each icon.
These are used for launching a program by one simple keystroke. If a shortcut key combination is assigned to multiple icons, a list is shown for selecting the which program needs launching.
The userinterface is constructed using a small skinning engine allowing a completely custom look. A few standard skins are bundled to start with. More skins may come later depending on the available developer resources.
ProgramLaunch includes multilingual support, allowing it instantly to change all texts in the user interface to a different language. Only a few languages are available a the moment, additional languages can be added given some help for translating the texts.
Whats New in version 3.31:
* Added additional setting for the autohide hotspot, allowing the edges to be controlled in more detail
* Added preferences for controling menu shortcuts
* Updated German, Polish and Danish translations
* Fixed: Icon properties dialog clipped preview of large icon images rather than scalling them down to a viewable size
* Fixed: Autohide didnt keep the window visible while the mouse was hovering inside
* Fixed: Wrong tranlation in American and English languages
* Fixed: Changing autohide edge and corner size didnt go into effect until ProgramLaunch was restarted
* Fixed: Showing icon titles as hints wrongly displayed & signs in front of shortcut characters
* Fixed: Popup list shown when multiple programs share a shortcut did not always size correctly
This page lists the most important features of ProgramLaunch Version 3.33. Changes relative to the previous major release are marked with new and updated signs.
* Simple and intuitive user interface skinned for an attractive look
* Horizontal and vertical layout
* Autohide controlled by mouse and keyboard
- User configurable hotspot areas
- Shortcut key for toggling autohide
* Launches applications, documents and weblinks
* Multiple shortcut keys are assignable for each icon
- Use any combination of control, shift, alt and Windows keys as modifiers**
- Icon and group accelerator keys using the &-letter and optionally assigned automatic by the program
* Batch support for launching several programs with one command
* Shortcut key for focusing the launcher window
* Configurable previous and next group shortcut keys
* Managing contents through dragging
* Fast navigation through groups and icons using mouse wheel
* Easy adding through drag'n'drop:
- Shortcut files (.lnk/.pif/.url)
- URL's directly from browsers
* Supports following icon formats:
- Windows icons including Windows XP and Windows Vista format (.ico)
- Extracts icons from program files (.exe/.dll)
- Standalone Macintosh icon files including OS X format (.icns)
- Icons from MacBinary, AppleSingle and AppleDouble files
- Macintosh iContainers (.icontainer)
- Windows bitmap format (.bmp)
- JPEG and PNG formats (.jpg/.png)
- Alpha transparency is used when available
* Modules with realtime information
- Battery monitor
- Analog clock
- Recycle bin
* Multithreaded updating of active modules
* Popup menus on some modules with relevant commands
* Fading hints on modules*
* Optional fading hints with program titles or comments*
* Multilingual support with the following languages as default:
- Chinese (simplified and traditionel)
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this startup manager software.