Licas stands for lightweight (Internet-based) communication for autonomic services. It is a software package written in the Java programming language that allows a user to build distributed service-based networks that can also self-organise/self-optimise. Functionality is provided to allow for XML-RPC based message passing and dynamic linking between services.
1. The capability to build distributed networks of autonomic service-based components.
2. Permanent and dynamic linking mechanisms to construct the network architecture.
3. Autonomic self-organisation through a dynamic linking mechanism.
4. Password protection of the services, providing some level of security.
5. Remote communication capabilities through an XML-RPC message passing mechanism.
6. Remote object loading through a Java UrlClassLoader.
7. Service wrapper classes allowing legacy code to be loaded.
8. Framework for adding an Autonomic Manager to a service.
9. Framework for adding metadata, and negotiation through Service Level Agreements.
10. Dynamic Web Service invocation through WSDL document parsing.
11. Compatibility with the Java mobile (J2ME) environment.
12. Examples of instant messenger and file sharing services.
13. Problem-solving framework, allowing for service organisation through a more complex heuristic search process.
14. All-in-one GUI for viewing or testing your networks.
The license of this software is Free, you can free download and free use this web server software.