Do you tire of using the Notepad and long for holding a powerful and multi-functions editor Want to have a powerful and handy notebook utility that can replace the standard Windows NotePad How lucky you are! Here I want to commend you a popular Windows NotePad replacement utility. That is Keynote which was published by Marek Jedlinski. Following is the detailed introduction of this multi-featured tabbed notebook utility.
Keynote is a flexible, multi-featured tabbed notebook, based on Windows standard Rich Edit control. It is always accessible with a single key press, even if we work in another application. Keynote can be used as a simple scratchpad for quick notes and ideas, or as a personal contacts organizer, bookmark manager, project manager, password storage and much more. Advanced users can also take advantage of macros and plugins. We can customize the appearance of our entries, add icons and more.
What make Keynote different from other notebook software are:
1. The basic idea in KeyNote is that we can include many separate notes within a single file. This means that we do not need to open several files - for most purposes it is enough to create only one file and hold all our notes inside it. With the addition of the tree-type notes, we now have a three-dimensional notebook: many notes within one file and a multi-level, nested pages within a single note. Optionally, KeyNote can encrypt our data securely using the Blowfish or Idea algorithms. Keynote interface and behavior are extremely configurable.
2. KeyNote was written to overcome major limitations in other popular information managers, both free and shareware. KeyNote is the only information manager that offers a combination of simple and tree-type notes, rich text editor, ability to mix freely many notes of different types in a single file and secure encryption. This makes KeyNote the most flexible and one of the most powerful applications of this kind currently available.
3. Some functions, such as "virtual nodes", per-file configuration settings, multiple backups or Word Web integration are unique and, to our knowledge, not supported by any other notebook program, freeware or shareware.
4. KeyNote is Open-Source and it is distributed under Mozilla Public License (MPL). A separate website has been established on SourceForge.net to facilitate Open-Source development of KeyNote.
5. KeyNote supports macros and plugins. These are documented in the Help file. Software developers can easily create independent plugins that will work in tandem with KeyNote, and a development kit is available, containing full documentation and source code examples.
6. Additional functions of KeyNote include: Choose between two types of notes: a simpler, editor-only note, or a tree-type note, which is a multi-level hierarchy of "branches"; Ability to create user-defined styles for text and paragraph properties; Convenient keyboard shortcuts for all editing and file management commands; Option to minimize to system tray; Clickable hyperlinks to Internet addresses, local files and locations in KeyNote files; Spellchecker module (requires MS Word 97 or MS Word 2000); Navigation history (move back/forward); Export and import files (as plain text or RTF); Import of HTML documents with conversion to RTF format; Ability to merge KeyNote files or exchange notes between them; Fast and extremely configurable interface, very easy to navigate; Ability to search for text in all notes in a file. Search results may be displayed in a list. Ability to perform simple AND / OR (boolean) searches; Ability to send notes via E-mail (incl. a simple address book and signature handling); Ability to change icons assigned to notes (user-defined icons can be extracted from .ICO, .BMP, .EXE and .DLL files); Ability to specify custom icons for tree nodes; "Clipboard capture" feature, enabling us to automatically capture and store any text that was copied to Clipboard in another Windows application; A "match bracket" function; Support for drag-and-drop file operations (including the ability to drag files from Windows Explorer); Find and Replace commands, with a single note or global scope; Plugin support, for extending the functionality of the program; Macro support, including macros automatically executed on creating a new file or adding a note; Configurable ability to minimize program or automatically close current file after a predefined period of inactivity; Import and export files in the format used by other freeware notebook-type programs: DartNotes and TreePad; Unlimited number of notes that can be stored in a single file or a single tree-type note; Automatic installer and uninstaller and more.
In addition, Keynote is free for us. It works with most recent variants of Windows and its current version is 1.6.5. With all these features, simple interface, excellent usability and free trial - why are you still reading Download the free trial now and experience how powerful and effective it is at once!
Keynote is a flexible, multi-featured tabbed notebook, that offers a combination of simple and tree-type notes, rich text editor, ability to mix notes of different types in a single file and optional secure encryption using the Blowfish or Idea algorithms. It can be used as a simple scratchpad for quick notes and ideas, or as a personal contacts organizer, bookmark manager, project manager, password storage and much more. Advanced users can also take advantage of macros and plugins. You can customize the appearance of your entries, add icons and more.
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this post-it-note software.