IsoPuzzle can recovery program for scratched damaged DVD Data-CD. The goal of this program is to recover as much as possible data of damaged, bad burned or scratched CDs or DVDs. This version supports only data CDs and DVDs with sectorsize of 2048 byte - Audio CD, VCD and SVCD are not supported.
IsoPuzzle helps to recover data from scratched and damaged another way of laser discs. The program reads the disk sector, and each sector is read successfully stored in a file *. ISO. After reading the disc, the program starts again, repeatedly trying to take information from those sectors in which the first attempt was unsuccessful. The names for the files you create extracts from the label DVD.
The process of copying, you can always stop by pressing the pause, and then start again. This method makes it possible to try to take on different disk drives - often data that does not take a drive, can successfully be different. If you want to complete the restoration of data on another computer, you must specify the path to the program she created a file *. ISO.
How it works:
* All readable data is stored in an "ISO" image file which can be read by various software such as "Daemon Tools", "WinRar" (needs iso-plugin) and most burner software like "Nero Burning Rom" etc.
* Please note, that image files greater 4GB need to reside on a NTFS disk!
* Every succsessfully read sector is stored in the image file (*.ISO) and will be marked "good" in the corresponding "flag" file (*.FLG).
* If a read error is encountered a dummy sector will be written which will remain marked "bad". In this case a random number of sectors are skipped for faster progress.
* Reaching the end of the disk a retry loop will be entered until all sectors have been read or a selectable "Give Up Time" has been reached.
* After selecting the "Source" drive and the "Destination" folder the copy process can be started by pressing "Start".
* The suggested filenames are taken from the DVDs volume label.
* The copy process can be interrupted at any time by pressing the "Pause" button and can be continued by pressing "Start" again.
* This way You can try to complete Your image file even on different machines with different CD drives - often one drive can read some sectors which are unreadable for an other one.
* For using different drives You can share the image file *.ISO (together with the flag file *.FLG) on a network drive or put it on a portable disk (USB).
To avoid dealing with very large files You can use the "Import" function:
Assuming that You started on machine "A" and no more data comes from Your DVD.
1. Copy ONLY (!) the *.FLG file (e.g. via USB stick) to machine "B".
2. On "B" select "Destination" folder, where the *.FLG is located.
3. "Start" will create an "import file" *.IMP in the same folder. All readable sectors are now stored here.
4. After completion on "B" transfer the *.IMP to a location where it is accessible from machine "A".
5. On "A" it can be merged into the existing *.ISO image with "Import File"
Force Disksize - WARNING - Use with care!
1. Some DVD drives report slightly different size of the same DVD/CD.
2. For ripping to an existing *.Iso/*Flg pair (or *.Imp/*.Flg) You can set the disk size to "Flagfile reported". (You can try "Estimated" to get out, which drive is wrong ...)
3. In some cases "empty disk" is reported although the disk is readable.
4. Setting the size to "Estimated" would be the choice here.
5. This function may be slow and unreliable.
Be careful and be sure You know what You are doing when using this function!!!
By changing the (drive reported) disk size You might accidentially destroy an existing image file - make sure the given filenames are correct!
1. Free for personal use only.
2. You need a working ASPI layer on Your system!
3. This program has been tested with the newest version of WNASPI32.DLL of NERO AG (Version 18.104.22.168).
4. Please put the WNASPI32.dll together to Your IsoPuzzle.exe folder
5. Do not copy it into Your system folders!
6. Please note, that the behaviour of this program may depend on this dll.
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this cd utility software.