Isanaki is a free Multilingual Sudoku and Wordoku Game, a Sudoku Board Generator, Solver and Printer designed for Windows 2K and XP. In this release, using the brute-force technique, it solves all boards (to the best of my knowledge) and, using logical deduction, it solves most of the hard Sudoku boards.
Sudoku and Wordoku
Since version 2.1, Isanaki handles both Sudoku and Wordoku boards. While the Sudoku boards contain only numbers from 1 to 9 (and letters from A to G for 16*16 boards), Wordoku boards contain only letters. Letters assignment can be done in three ways: random letters assigment, letters from random words and/or user-defined assignment. See below for details ...
Isanaki is a simple executable file. No complex installation scripting required. Just extract the files from the .zip and copy them wherever you want. I would recommend to create a sub-directory ( i.e Isanaki) in the directory C:\Program Files. That's it !!! Note that Isanaki 2.6b is provided with a text file containing a list of common 9 letters Words ( in fact, a simplified version of a text file kindly provided by Michael Markov). This file is used by Isanaki 2.6b to assign letters in Wordoku Boards.
A Sudoku Board is made up of cells (81 cells in a 9*9 Board and 256 cells in a 16*16 Board) divided in Rows (horizontal lines), Columns (vertical lines) and Boxes containing 9 (3*3) or 16 (4*4) cells. The rows, columns and boxes are called Groups. Every group must contain all the numbers from 1 to 9 ( in a 9*9 Board) or from 1 to 9 and A to G ( for 16*16 Board) At the start, some cells are filled with numbers called Clues or Givens. The numbers added when solving the game are simply called solved cells. Odd enough, it seems that no specific name describes these cells. I call them Quest.
1. Support for 9*9 and 16*16 boards
2. Support for Sudoku and Wordoku
3. Board saving and retrieval from Isanaki binary file
4. Board Import: manually, from Isanaki binary file, text files (.txt .msk .sdk .sol .spf and .ss) and clipboard
5. Board Export: to text files and clipboard
6. Automatic update of the pencil marks
7. Data Entry by keyboard and mouse
8. Support for Menu Accelerators
9. Copy of Current Board to ClipBoard (Accelerator CTRL+C)
10. 256-level of Undo-Redo
11. Page Setup for Board print
12. Print Board with preview
13. Print of Multi-Boards Pages: 2, 4 or 6 boards per page with solutions at the end of the printouts
14. Fading Colours Cells: Six Different Fading Style from Start Colour to End colour
15. Candidates Highlight
16. Delete erroneous numbers with Delete key
17. Highlight of erroneous cells
18. Blocks Line Separator in Board (Screen and Printouts)
19. Full colours customization
20. Graphical User-Interface: Bitmap Buttons, Custom TitleBar, XP-Style menus with icons, ...
21. Zoom support 50% to 400%
22. Self-Check for Application Updates
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this sudoku game software.