Hyper-V Bandwidth Meter
Hyper-V Bandwidth Meter is a tool for Hyper-V bandwidth usage monitoring, counting and reporting.
It provides a bandwidth control on per virtual server basis for different protocols (ARP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, IGMP). With this tool you can see the amount of data used (downloaded and uploaded) by each virtual server. Thus you can bill your customers for the bandwidth usage or just find out which servers cause a high network load.
The below mentioned steps must be done on the server you wish to be monitored.
1. Download and install WinPCap library.
2. Install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 if you do not have it installed on your server yet.
3. Download the Hyper-V Bandwidth Meter installation package. Follow the installation wizard.
4. Now you have a new Windows service named BWHYPERV101 (You can see it at 'Start - Programs - Administrative Tools - Services'). Do not start it yet, you need to configure it first.
5. Click Windows Start button, open 'All Programs - BwHyperV' menu and click 'Change options.ini' shortcut.
6. Select your Hyper-V NIC.
7. Then enter a license key (if you do not have one there are 2 options: buy a license key at www.hoststools.com or email author and ask to generate a trial key for you).
8. There is UseRAW parameter in options.ini file. It is 0 by default. If you set it to 1 the bandwidth monitor will create bwvdsraw.log file and save raw traffic data to this file. It will not calculate "per protocol" and "per hour" data.
9. Click 'Ok' button to save the settings. Then go to 'Start - (Programs) - Administrative Tools - Services', select BWHYPERV101 service and start or restart it.
* Windows 2008 (64bit only) with Hyper-V
* NET Framework 4.0
* Allows to transfer only 3 sites at a time.
* Allows to transfer only 3 FTP accounts at a time.
* Allows to transfer only 3 application pools at a time.
* Allows to transfer only 3 Windows user accounts at a time.
The license of this software is Free Trial Software, the price is $99.00, you can free download and get a free trial.