HFSLIP is an open source utility designed to update a Windows 2000, XP or 2003 installation source with the latest hotfixes. The binaries (individual files) of fully supported hotfixes are slipstreamed directly. This means that original files are being replaced with the newer versions present in the hotfix executables you can obtain from the Microsoft Download Center. In the rare occasion that a hotfix isn't supported (usually because of it being a non-standard package or requiring a special installation procedure), it is integrated instead. HFSLIP leaves these uncommon hotfixes or updates as they are and places them in the SVCPACK folder, to be installed automatically near the end of Windows setup.
HFSLIP is also capable of slipstreaming...
This means that original files are being replaced with the newer versions present in the hotfix executables you can obtain from the Microsoft Download Center.
In the rare occasion that a hotfix isnt supported (usually because of it being a non-standard package or requiring a special installation procedure), it is integrated instead.
HFSLIP will leave these uncommon hotfixes or updates as they are and place them in the SVCPACK folder, to be installed automatically near the end of Windows setup.
* HFSLIP slipstreams and recabs Service Packs, Type 1, Type 2, and MSXML-MSI hotfix binaries into the Windows source (if its a critical update hotfix, HFSLIP can handle it!)
* It slipstreams the Windows Genuine Advantage and Windows Update Agent
* HFSLIP integrates the Malicious Software tool for the people who cant live life seeing it as a WindowsUpdate.
* It integrates programs that use silent, switchless installers like WMP9 [2K only] and DotNet.
* You can import registry entries, run CMD files and run INF files at T-13 minutes. This makes your settings 'stick'.
* You use files you download from Microsoft and not someone else.
* HFSLIP force feeds hotfix registry information during the installation, the registry information is taken right from the hotfix you want to slipstream. All hotfixes would be localized.
* It force feeds the additional files required for your installation.
* HFSLIP force feeds the necessary catalog files into the registry.
* It maintains digital signature data on all files used for installation.
* HFSLIP doesnt rely on any modified DLLs for installation.
* There is no need to disable system file protection, SFC is maintained after installation.
* A winnt.sif file is not required, and no editing of any source files is required.
* It runs in a command box on Win2k and higher.
* All languages supported.
* Fully localized installation for all OSs.
* File to report errors are automatically generated.
* Optionally slipstream alternate applications (say goodbye to the crappy task manager!)
* Optionally slipstream codecs
* Optionally slipstream alternate icons
* Optionally create boot CD ISO images for testing/burning/etc.
* Optionally create/extract boot sectors required to generate the ISO image.
* Optionally slipsteams additional files of your choice
* Optionally repacks large cab files in a compression ratio of your choice
* Optionally repacks a smaller SPX.CAB for a speedy HFSLIP process
* Reduction sets can reduce your install (read about HFCLEANUP).
* Optionally slipstreams HFExpert items (codecs, system32 folder files, windows folder files).
* Optionally slipstreams a ramdrive for nice security.
* Optionally slipstreams drivers.
* Optionally automate HFSLIP.
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this system maintenance software.