A simple and easy to use management tool. GTD-Free is personal TODO/action manager inspired by GTD (Getting Things Done ) method by David Allen. GTD-Free tries to be simple and easy to use management tool. GTD-Free is free open-source software.
GTD-Free aims to guide users to manage very efficient GTD workflow even if they are not familiar with GTD or they need guidance to follow it. The user interface is clean and simple on each step of the workflow: user objective should be to get thing done and spent minimum time with the tool itself.
The GTD-Free is in continuous development. Yet the things which are done so far are working well and the application is usable in day-to-day task management even as beta release.
1. A desktop application with locally stored data.
2. Runs on all main operating systems (requires Java 1.6).
3. Can be run from USB stick.
4. Simple and clean user interface with process oriented view on actions according to GTD workflow.
5. User editable lists with categories for next actions, maybe/someday actions and reference material.
6. Actions organized also by projects, remind dates and priority.
7. Tickler view for action with reminder date set.
8. Integration into system tray.
9. Printing, export of data to PDF, HTML, XML documents
1. Download jar file to a folder where you keep executables.
2. Start jar file with Java Runtime Environment version 1.6 or later with command:
3. java -jar gtd-free-0.6-beta.jar Program will create necessary files and folders in your home folder.
4. Create shortcut on your desktop or in menu when command is tested.
Running on Windows
1. On windows may be started just by double-clicking on jar file if latest Java Runtime Environment is installed.
2. Alternatively you can download and run exe file. When started it will automatically offer to download Java if not installed.
The license of this software is Free, you can free download and free use this organizer software.