Freeplane is a free Mind Mapping software. It is a redesigned version of well known FreeMind created by one of its key developers. A useful mind mapping utility. Freeplane is available in differents languages. The software architecture is mainly written in Java, thus supported platforms are: Microsoft Windows, Portable version, Linux, Apple Mac OS.
1. Better inline_editor for all plain text nodes
2. Edge like connectors (available from connector pop-up menu)
3. External objects: External bitmap and SVG images can be attached using menu Insert->External object and resized
4. Loading and execution of external groovy scripts
5. Insert image dialog and insert external object dialog have file previews
7. Find or Replace in all open maps
8. Full screen mode
9. Hidden Edge Style
10. Horizontal Edge Style
11. Hot keys can be set by pressing left mouse button on menu item and holding CONTROL key
12. New scripting API
13. Outline view
14. Portable Freeplane
15. Selective paste from edit menu (Paste as...)
16. Spell checker
17. Structured HTML paste
New filtering features
1. Date based filter
2. Filter conditions for numeric values return false for non numeric values
3. Filter based on link labels
4. Filter history
5. Filter menu
6. Filter tool bar can be hidden like all other tool bars,
7. Filter status is displayed in status line
1. All backup or autosave files are numbered from 1 to maximum number, the bigger number the latest file.
2. Automatic backup for all loaded files on first save.
3. Backup and autosave use directory ".backup" created in the map directory.
4. Edit nodes with line breaks in in-line editor (alt+enter to quit , shift+enter for line break)
5. Enable link pop-up menu even if neither target nor source node is selected.
6. Exception traces for internal errors are automatically sent to freeplane team for analysis.
7. Export Using XSLT
8. Hide tabs if only one map is loaded
9. Hot keys: CONTROL + ALT + RIGHT, CONTROL + ALT + LEFT
10. Icon actions moved in separate menu
11. Icon toolbar hidden by default
12. Linking to arbitrary URI integrated
13. Links where target or source are selected are found first.
14. New icons: 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%
15. New navigation actions useful for presentation "next node" and "previous node". They traverse the map in depth-first order.
16. Personal modification color can be set in prefeences
17. Plain text search for filter in html nodes added
18. Priority filters based on priority icons
19. Text labels can be added to any end and in the middle of any link by link pop-up menu
20. Text rendering mode use more exact fractional metric based version.
21. The action is also available from pop-up menu
22. The attached file can be opened by double click on the image itself
23. The same zooms applies to all maps
24. Zoom keep selected node position
25. Zoom saved between sessions
Freeplane can open FreeMind (.mm) files at present, but there can be no guarantee that this will always be so.
The license of this software is Free, you can free download and free use this presentation software.