ExifTool is a platform-independent Perl library plus a command-line application for reading, writing and editing meta information in image, audio and video files. ExifTool supports many different types of metadata including EXIF, GPS, IPTC, XMP, JFIF, GeoTIFF, ICC Profile, Photoshop IRB, FlashPix, AFCP and ID3, as well as the maker notes of many digital cameras by Canon, Casio, FujiFilm, HP, JVC/Victor, Kodak, Leaf, Minolta/Konica-Minolta, Nikon, Olympus/Epson, Panasonic/Leica, Pentax/Asahi, Ricoh, Sanyo, Sigma/Foveon and Sony.
ExifTool is also available as a stand-alone Windows executable and a Macintosh OS X package. Note that these versions contain the executable only, and do not include the HTML documentation or other files of the full distribution above.
1. Powerful, fast, flexible and customizable
2. Supports a large number of different file formats
3. Reads EXIF, GPS, IPTC, XMP, JFIF, MakerNotes, GeoTIFF, ICC Profile, Photoshop IRB, FlashPix, AFCP, ID3 and more...
4. Writes EXIF, GPS, IPTC, XMP, JFIF, MakerNotes, ICC Profile, Photoshop IRB, AFCP and more...
5. Reads and writes maker notes of many digital cameras
6. Decodes a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma
7. Shifts date/time values to fix timestamps in images
8. Renames files and organizes in directories (by date or by any other meta information)
9. Extracts thumbnail images, preview images, and large JPEG images from RAW files
10. Copies meta information between files (even different-format files)
11. Deletes meta information individually, in groups, or altogether
12. Sets the file modification date from EXIF information
13. Supports alternate languages in XMP and MIE information
14. Processes entire directory trees
15. Creates text output file for each image file
16. Automatically backs up original image when writing
17. Organizes output into groups
18. Conditionally processes files based on value of any meta information
19. Ability to add user-defined tags
20. Recognizes thousands of different tags
21. Tested with images from thousands of different camera models
22. Advanced verbose and HTML-based hex dump outputs
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this image utility software.