Examine64 Text Search
Examine64 Text Search is a fast and versatile text search utility for Windows. It can search both text and binary files using either ordinary text or GREP-like regular expressions, based on the standard UNIX search utility. The logical operators OR, AND, NOT and XOR can be used with a specified search proximity.
1. It can search both text and binary files. File formats supported are text files with Windows, Macintosh or UNIX line endings, Microsoft Word files, Rich Text Format (RTF), HTML (web pages), PDF (Acrobat files), WordPerfect, OpenOffice, StarOffice, Lotus Symphony and Write files. All other formats are treated as binary files.
2. Examine64 Text Search can also search for text in files stored in ZIP archives. Any type of stored file can be searched with the file formats above being supported.
3. The search can be started from any folder, with subfolders being optionally searched, or alternatively multiple drives can be searched either on the same machine or across networks. The files to be searched are selected using any combination of file specifications.
4. Logical expressions and GREP regular expressions can be used in the search.
5. Files and Folders selected in Windows Explorer can be searched by either dragging and dropping them into the program or by using the context menu produced by the right mouse button.
6. The search results can be saved to disk and retrieved at a later date. They can also be printed and can be displayed on the screen in a fully configurable manner.
Files within ZIP archives can also be searched for text. File formats supported by the program, in addition to text files, are text files with Unix and MacIntosh line endings, Microsoft Word format, WordPerfect, HTML format (web pages) , Rich text format, PDF format (Acrobat files), XML, OpenOffice, StarOffice, Lotus Symphony and Write format. Searches can be across multiple drives over networks or can be restricted to a single folder with the option to search subfolders. The user can also select files and folders in Windows Explorer which can then be searched by either dragging and dropping them onto the program or by using the context menu produced by the right mouse button. Files can be viewed with their associated application, the programs own fully configurable internal viewer which lets the user switch quickly between matches, or with an editor of the users choosing. The search results can be saved to disk and retrieved at a later date. They can also be sent to the users printer.
The license of this software is Free Trial Software, the price is $39.00, you can free download and get a free trial.