ES Tool (The Drive Diagnostic Utility) is made with the aim of testing a Samsung hard disk drive while it is installed inside a PC, regardless of the status of user's operating system. In fact of the drives returned to Samsung, a large percentage are NTF("No Trouble Found") after testing. So it is strongly recommended to test the drive if it is truly defective by a few fundamental troubleshooting of ES Tool first, to avoid user's unnecessary effort and inconvenience of replacing a good drive.
1. ES Tool is a DOS based utility so it is needed to prepare a bootable 1.44-MB diskette in advance.
2. Download ES Tool.exe on the diskette prepared from the internet.
3. Reboot the system by above diskette.
4. Execute the program by typing A: > ES Tool.exe in DOS prompt.
5. Please Back-up your data before executing this program.
1. DRIVE DIAGNOSTIC
2. LOW LEVEL FORMAT
3. SET MAX ADDRESS
4. SET MAX UDMA MODE
5. AAM MODE (Automatic Acoustic Management)
6. LBA MODE
7. ENABLE SMART
8. DISABLE SMART
10. AUTO DETECT
11. ABOUT ESTOOL
12. EXIT TO DOS
Please Note: ES Tool can test a drive solely manufactured by Samsung. It is strongly recommended to back up the user's significant data in advance because ES Tool has a Write operation that can erase it. Samsung has no responsibility of lost data.
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this disk management software.