DiskDigger is a utility for recovering deleted or formatted files from any storage media connected to your computer, including all types of memory cards, USB drives and internal or external hard drives. The program thoroughly searches the file system for traces of files and allows you to preview many of them as they are found. You can limit the search to certain file types and also specify the sector range of the disk to scan.
DiskDigger can recover files from any type of media that your computer can read. This includes USB flash drives, memory cards (SD, CompactFlash, Memory Stick, etc), and of course your hard drive. The types of files that it recovers include photos, videos, music, documents, and many other formats.
DiskDigger can even scan reformatted or badly formatted disks (disks to which Windows can't assign a drive letter), and even disks with bad sectors. It bypasses the Windows file system drivers and scans your disk directly. It has its own built-in support for the following file systems: FAT12 (floppy disks), FAT16 (older memory cards), FAT32 (newer memory cards and hard disks), NTFS (newer hard disks), and exFAT (Microsoft's new successor to FAT32).
DiskDigger is also very compact and portable. The entire program is a single executable file that you can run from anywhere. There's nothing to "install," and the program doesn't leave any trace of having been run.
Scan the file system for deleted files (dig deep). This scans the file system that is present on your media, searching for deleted file entries. Supported file systems are FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, and NTFS. The advantages of this are:
1. Very fast
2. Recovers all file types
3. Recovers file names
4. And the disadvantages are:
5. Doesn't support all possible file systems (see above for supported file systems)
6. Doesn't scan entire disk (only scans what the file system is aware of)
7. Scan the disk surface for traces of lost files (dig deeper). This thoroughly scans every sector of your media, searching for traces of known file types. The advantages of this are:
8. Scans entire disk
9. Goes underneath the file system, therefore independent of file system
10. And the disadvantages are:
11. Slower (sometimes much slower) than the first method
12. Doesn't recover file names or fragmented files
13. Only supports certain file types
14. Finds 'existing' files as well as deleted files
The license of this software is Free Trial Software, the price is $14.99, you can free download and get a free trial.