DVDx is likely the most popular DVD backup software world wide. Based on well known open source libraries, DVDx converts DVD movies in high qulaity (S)Video CD, DivX or Windows Media files. DVDx allows you to convert DVD to VCD2.0 or SCVD1.0 or DiVX / Xvid (AVI) or Windows Media (WMV) in one step (including multiplexing, splitting). It produces very good quality movies in AVI / MPEG1 / MPEG2 / WMV format.
DVDx allows you to convert DVD to VCD2.0 or SCVD1.0 or DivX in one step (Including multiplexing, splitting). DVDx has been designed especially for unexperimented users, it is a simple and intuitive program. You only need Nero to write your VCD/SVCD.
What can DVDx do ?
1. DVDx copies DVD movie to VCD, SVCD, DivX, AVI or WMV in one step.
2. DVDx has been designed as a simple and intuitive program especially for unexperimented users.
3. DVDx produces high quality MPEG and AVI movies and advanced features provides smart settings for experimented users.
What version is right for me ?
1. DVDx Ultra Edition can copy protected movies while standard version can't.
2. If you're allowed to copy commercial or protected movies, we strongly recommend you the Ultra Edition.
DVDx is freeware, shall I buy a VIP Pass !?
1. Sure! . Freeware has two acceptions: gratis software or free access of source code. DVDx accepts both: free access to source code and gratis.
2. While labDV team and other nice coders work for free to make DVDx a great software, we can't give our own money (got from our regular job) to distribute DVDx and to make it accessible to the most. So buying a VIP Pass helps to pay for web hosting and internet bandwidth and strongly encourages further developments.
3. However you can get standard version binaries for free from Source-Forge servers and you can get Ultra Edition binaries for free from magazine CD-ROMs or any other web sites providing free software download. The source code includes Ultra Edition as well, so you can compile your own ultra Edition gratis.
Why DVDx is the fastest DVD backup solution out there ?
1. DVDx is likely the fastest solution ever to copy a DVD into a DivX file because the DVD reading (and decrypting) is done while encoding to DivX.
2. Alternative solutions require to copy the DVD to the hard drive with DVD Decrypter (or SmartRipper or any other DVD ripping software) which takes about 30 minutes, and then the encoding time is added. So with a 75FPS encoding speed for a 1:30 PAL (25FPS) movie, the total ripping time of alternative software is 1 hour. While DVDx will take less than 32 minutes (at 72FPS).
3. We encourage you to upgrade your DivX codec to latest version which takes benefit from latest compiler enhancement for new Intel/AMD processors. On a $1,000 consumer HP Pavilion with a Intel Pentium 830D, the encoding DVDx frame rate is 72FPS with DivX Pro 6.1.1 and later.
4. To encode to MPEG VCD/SVCD with the internal encoder or to encode to Windows Media, DVDx is also the fastest solution for the same reason.
DVDx complying with copyright regulations ?
1. DVDx standard version has no DRM removal feature so it complies with any copyright regulation, avoiding to copy protect DVDs.
2. DVDx Ultra Edition can copy protected movies so it may not comply with several copyright regulation and you are required to check it for your own country.
1. copy DVD or convert MPEG1/2
2. preview before encoding
3. DVDx complies with NTSC and PAL video standard
4. audio track support
5. subtitle support
6. integrated help screens
7. extra features
8. MPEG expert features
9. multi-language support
10. more features...
Copy DVD or convert MPEG1/2
1. DVDx reads copy protected DVDs (DVDx Ultra Edition only) .
2. DVDx reads DVD+VR and DVD-VR.
3. DVDx reads VOB files.
4. DVDx reads MPEG1/2 audio-video files.
5. DVDx Ultra Edition supports DeMacrovision and DeCSS.
6. DVDx standard version must be used with a DVD Ripper tool (DVD Decrypter, Smart Ripper, DVD43 etc.) to rip copy protected DVDs.
Preview before encoding
1. DVDx was the very first DVD copy software to provide preview before encoding.
2. DVDx is still the only software to provide complete video+audio+subtitle preview.
3. Because encoding takes from 30 minutes to 4 hours, WYSIWYG preview is one of the most important advantage of DVDx.
DVDx complies with NTSC and PAL video standard
1. All frame rates are supported: 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 30 fps and automatic telecine is performed if necessary.
2. Weird DVDs with changing frame rates and unregular NTSC telecine are supported (since 2.5 release).
Audio track support
1. DVDx provides high quality 48.0kHz to 44.1kHz conversion.
2. You can export AC3 Dolby audio track.
3. You can force audio/video synchronization.
4. Audio volume is adjustable and DVDx includes a sound normalizer tool.
5. Integrated Surround downmix or external (Lame ACM) downmixing.
1. You can select one subtitle languages.
2. DVDx preview shows you the output video before starting the whole encoding.
3. Subtitle vertical position is adjustable.
Integrated help screens
1. Help button in most dialog windows.
2. Detailed help screen for input settings.
3. Detailed help screen for output settings.
4. Detailed help screen for custom splitting.
1. Integrated luminance filter to enhance picture.
2. Integrated de-interlacing filter.
3. Force audio / video synchronization.
4. Resize, zoom, pan&scan capability.
5. Adobe Premiere plugin encoder support.
6. Multipass encoding support.
7. Shutdown the computer when finish encoding.
MPEG expert features
1. Adjustable bit rate (for XVCD, XSVCD and CVCD).
2. Adjustable mux rate.
3. Adjustable VBV buffer size.
4. Default and MPEG standard quantization matrix.
5. Integrated 3:2 pulldown filter.
1. All menu items are localized in external text file
2. Easy translation of DVDx menu items
3. Available languages in DVDx installer:
The license of this software is Free, you can free download and free use this dvd copy software.