DVDSmith Movie Backup
DVDSmith Movie Backup copy Any Movie DVD to Hard Disk Easily. DVDSmith Movie Backup is DVD Decrypter and DVD copying software to copy entire DVD movie to hard disk, and removes all the protections (CSS, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs and Sony ARccOS) while copying. With DVDSmith Movie Backup you can make clones of your favorite DVD movies hard drive with just a few clicks -- either complete with all the extras or just the main movie only, in selected audios and subtitles.
Combining powerful functionality with a straightforward interface, DVDSmith Movie Backup Freeware provides an easy way to transfer DVD information onto your hard drive. In Full Disk Mode, DVDSmith Movie Backup can backup, clone or copy DVD movie to computer as DVD folder, ISO file. DVDSmith can copy and decrypt the whole movie DVD to a local hard drive with excellent reliability, speed, and ease of use.
With DVDSmith Movie Backup, you own the most efficient way to create backup copies of your DVD movie collection. These working copies allow you to play your DVDs on your computer hard disk without the need of any DVD players. This backup solution avoids the inevitable risk of getting your originals of your DVD movie discs scratched or damaged. You get disc protection with no loss of playback quality.
DVDSmith Movie Backup is FREE software. You should never pay for DVDSmith Movie Backup.
Types of DVD Movie Discs:
* DVD-5: DVD-5 is an acronym that means a DVD disc that is one-sided single-layer disc and can contain upto 4.38 gigabytes of data on it.
* DVD-9: One form of DVD discs that means a single-sided dual-layer DVD disc. DVD-9 can hold approximately 7.95 gigabytes of data.
* DVD R: Two recordable DVD formats allow single-layer data to be stored on each side of the disc -- in other words, one side of the disc can hold upto 4.38 gigabytes of information. Both DVD formats are write-once formats, and can be read with most stand-alone DVD players and with virtually all DVD-ROM drives, though DVD+R is technically slightly more advanced than DVD-R.
* DVD RW: Two recordable DVD formats allow single-layer data to be stored on each side of the disc -- in other words, one side of the disc can hold upto 4.38 gigabytes of information. Both DVD formats can be read with most stand-alone DVD players and with virtually all DVD-ROM drives, though DVD+RW is technically slightly more advanced than DVD-RW.
* DVD-R DL: Known as DVD-R9, this is blank DVD media that uses Dual Layer technology. It can hold up to twice the capacity of a single layer DVD-R.
* DVD+R DL: DVD+R DL is the dual layer version of DVD+R format. It's main difference to the DVD+R is that it can store upto 8.5 gigabytes on one disc side, unlike DVD+R which can only hold the same amount of data that a single layer disc can, appx. 4.38 gigabytes. This means basically that every single one-sided movie disc ever released can be stored to one DVD+R DL disc without compression or removing anything from the original disc.
* DVD-RAM: DVD-RAM (DVD-Random Access Memory) media are used in computers as well as camcorders and personal video recorders. Compared with other writeable DVDs, DVD-RAM is more closely related to hard disk technology, as it has concentric tracks instead of one long spiral track.
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this dvd utility software.