DVD2one lets you make movie-only copies for personal use on a single DVD-Recordable in a matter of 15-30 minutes time (depending on the speed of your computer). With DVD2one you can make a movie-only or full disk copy of your DVD for personal use on a single DVD-Recordable. Key features include:
1. Unique video compression engine: combines blazing speed with the highest quality.
2. Multi-processor, multi-core and multi-computer (grid) compatible.
3. Process a movie to fit on a single recordable in a matter of 15 to 30 minutes (depending on the speed of your computer).
4. Make a movie-only copy of your DVD. Why waste space and image quality on unnecessary intros, menus and language tracks?
5. Make a full disk copy of your DVD. For those who want to keep those fancy menus and intros.
6. Powerful join mode. Useful for putting multiple episodes of a (tv) series or joining both sides of a flipper on 1 disk.
7. Batchprocessing: Program up to 15 disks to be processed one after another without user intervention.
8. Remaster your CDs on DVD in Super CD quality.
9. Builtin burnengine.
10. Written from scratch, not based on any old code, libraries or existing opensource projects.
11. Both PC Windows and Mac OS-X versions available.
Step 1 - Copy DVD to HD
Most DVDs are protected and need to be deprotected before you can process them with DVD2one. Since deprotecting DVDs can be against the law in your country, this part is not included in DVD2one. You will have to search the internet to find a program that can do this job.
1. Make sure that the fileset on your harddrive is exactly the same as on your DVD. The number of files and the size of the files should be the same as on the original.
2. Make sure all options are disabled, so for instance do not enable Multi Angle Processing!
3. Do not merge the vob files to one big file, keep them separate.
Step 2 - Process and burn
On the start screen of DVD2one you can select which mode you want to use:
1) Full disc copy.
2) Movie-only or join mode.
3) Audio Remaster.
After selecting the desired mode, DVD2one will show a directory requester and ask for the source directory.
After selecting the source directory the main screen is showed. Here you can see a summary of your project and change options if necessary. DVD2one already automatically initializes all options based on your preferences. When you want to make changes, just use the treeview on the left to navigate through the different option screens.
When the project is correct, you can start processing. Depending on your settings of the burning options in the preferences, 2 additional requesters will be showed:
When the output type is set to 'Ask before processing', the burning options screen of the preferences is shown.
If necessary a directory requester is shown to select the destination directory for the fileset or image.
When the output type is set to 'burn', DVD2one will ask to insert a blank recordable or rewritable disc in your dvd-recorder. This will not happen when the dvd-recorder is used as source drive (with an unprotected original) or when there is already a writable disc in the drive.
Step 3 - Enjoy
You can put your valuable original back in your collection and play your personal copy anywhere you like:
1. On the DVD player in your kids room.
2. On your portable DVD player.
3. On the road in your car DVD player.
The license of this software is Free Trial Software, the price is EUR39.99, you can free download and get a free trial.