Capturing video can often be trickier than most people want to deal with. Most people require expensive Non Linear editing applications in order to simply capture video from a camera or device. Yet, the needs to capture video in suitable formats does not always have to be tethered to the editing experience. Anyone with a camera should be able to capture media to their hard drive with confidence. Moreover, any editor is now free to have several capture stations.
DV Capture is a simple to use application that allows someone to capture audio and video through the Firewire port from an external device into their PC. It is for people who want to simply and reliably capture DV AVI to their PCs. The software auto-detects the DV standard of connected devices. You can choose to capture from multiple connected devices. You can preview audio and video before capture. Preview is half-res which is higher quality than most capture devices. Not only you have deck control, but also frame stepping control in both forward and reverse directions. You can choose the path your media will be captured to. The software also reports drop frames to let you know how your system is performing.
1. Capture DV NTSC and DV PAL
2. You have Half Resolution VGA playback during preview and capture
3. You have deck control with transport buttons
4. You have Controls for single frame step forward or reverse
5. You can Previews Audio during captures
6. You can preview audio before you capture during the Audition process
7. You will get drop frame reports to let you know if your PC is keeping up.
8. You can easily choose which directory the file goes to from the front panel UI
9. Your devices will be Auto recognized when you plug in.
10. You can connect to multiple 1394 devices simultaneously. For instance, your PC can be connected to a Camcorder as well as a conversion box with 1394. DV Capture tool auto detects and allows you to choose
11. You can choose from a drop down menu, which connected 1394 device to use
12. You can hot connect to any device while the PC is on and still remain stable
13. DV Capture supports 1394 Mini DV as well as Digital 8 devices
14. It allows you to choose between Type 1 and Type 2 audio for capture
15. Easy to read Duration window shows duration of each media clip you capture.
16. DV Capture allows you to capture very long clips
The license of this software is Free Trial Software, the price is $25.00, you can free download and get a free trial.