CoolTerm is an easy-to-use terminal for communication with hardware connected to serial ports.CoolTerm is a simple serial port terminal application (no terminal emulation) that is geared towards hobbyists and professionals with a need to exchange data with hardware connected to serial ports such as servo controllers, robotic kits, GPS receivers, microcontrollers, etc.The features of CoolTerm include:
- Capability of multiple concurrent connections if multiple serial ports are available.
- Display of received data in textual or hexadecimal format.
- Sending data via keypresses as well as a "Send String" dialog that support data entry in textual or hexadecimal format.
- Sending data via pasting of text into the terminal window.
- Sending of text files.
- Capability of recording received data to text files.
- Local echoing of transmitted data.
- Local echoing of received data (loop back to sender).
- Hardware (CTS, DTR) and software flow control (XON).
- Optical line status indicators.
- Capability of manually toggling RTS and DTR signals when hardware flow control is disabled.
- Capability of loading and saving connection options.
CoolTerm comes without an installer and can be placed anywhere on the harddrive as long as the correct folder structure is maintained. I.e. for the Windows version the "CoolTerm Libs" folder must reside in the same location as the "CoolTerm.exe" executable.
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this protocol analyzer software.