Create, delete partitions and format your IDE hard disk drives in one process. While the product has been tested up to 400GB, it should support hard disks of up to 2,048GB. SwissKnife allows the creation of FAT32 and NTFS partitions. FAT16 option is provided for compatibility. Supports internal interfaces such as IDE and SCSI and external interfaces such as hi-speed USB, parallel port, PCMCIA, USB On-The-Go, FireWire and SATA interfaces. Creates fixed and removable disk format types. Version 3.09 and later support for NTFS and features resizable windows. Upon completion, the drive icons will be dynamically updated on your computer. It will not allow to partition your boot disk for safety reasons.
If you are looking for an external hard disk drive that can be used interchangeably between Windows XP, Windows 98, Mac OS, and Linux, there is only one way to prepare the hard disk and SwissKnife does it for you. You can create, delete partitions and format your IDE hard disk drives in one smooth, simple process. SwissKnife allows creation of FAT32 and NTFS partitions. FAT16 option is provided for compatibility. Supports Internal interfaces such as IDE and SCSI and External interfaces such as Hi-Speed USB, Parallel port, PCMCIA, USB On-The-Go, Firewire, and SATA interfaces. Create Fixed and Removable Disk Format types.
* Formats faster than the OS (click on chart for details)
* Allows change of cluster size during Full format or Quick Format
* Divides a single hard drive into one or more partitions
* Supports Hi-Speed USB, PCMCIA, SATA, SCSI, USB 1.1, and FireWire external drives
* Supports Fixed and Removable disk formats
* Supports FAT, FAT32 & NTFS systems
* Allows creation of a single partition of up to 500GB of FAT32 or NTFS file systems.
* Full format or Quick Format of existing partitions
Version 3.22 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this partition manager software.