Casper is a hard disk cloning solution engineered specifically for Windows and designed to meet the expectations of the PC user looking for an easy-to-use, convenient, and dependable backup, recovery, and migration solution for their PC.
As a backup and recovery solution, Casper offers you these unique advantages:
1. Fast, Full System Backups. Casper always creates a complete backup of a Windows system drive. In addition, Casper's exclusive SmartClone technology enables Casper to maintain a complete backup in the same amount of time required by most traditional backup programs to perform a partial or incremental backup.
2. Rapid Recovery. In the event of a hard disk failure, a backup created by Casper can be used as an immediate and permanent replacement for the failed hard disk. No special rescue disks or arduous data restoration processes are required to facilitate recovery.
3. Convenience. Casper enables complete system backups to be performed at any time without leaving Windows, so there is never a need to restart the computer or stop work to create a backup. Integrated scheduling permits the backup to be performed completely unattended in the background and exclusive 1-Click Cloning makes even on-demand backups a snap.
Complete PC Backup Protection for Windows. Casper makes it easy to keep a complete and instantly bootable backup replacement hard disk for your system. Should your system hard disk fail or become corrupted by a virus or spyware attack, you can boot and run your computer directly from your backup hard disk and be up and running again in seconds! Casper creates a complete copy of your system hard disk, including the operating system, applications, settings, and all of your data.
Designed exclusively for Windows XP and Windows 2000 systems, Casper XP makes it a snap to copy an entire hard disk or an individual drive. Lightening-fast, with integrated scheduling and exclusive SmartWrite II technology, Casper XP is the ideal solution for creating and maintaining a backup hard disk or upgrading your Windows XP or Windows 2000 system to a new high capacity hard disk.
* Casper creates a complete copy of your system hard disk, including the operating system, applications, settings, and all of your data.
* Easy-to-use wizards quickly guide you through the process step-by-step.
* Safely test-boot your system from a backup at any time for added assurance!
Casper makes it a snap to keep a bootable backup of your Windows system. Just use Casper to copy your system hard disk to another hard disk. When your system hard disk fails or becomes corrupted, simply boot your computer directly from your backup hard disk and you're up and running again in just seconds! It really is that easy!
1. Complete PC Backup Protection -- creates a complete copy of your Windows system hard disk, including the operating system, applications, settings, and all of your data.
2. EXCLUSIVE! Fast, Instantly Bootable Backups -- maintains an instantly bootable backup replacement for a Windows system hard disk in the same amount of time required by other backup and disk imaging solutions to perform a partial or incremental backup.
3. EXCLUSIVE! Rapid Recovery -- eliminates the arduous data restoration process required by other disk imaging and backup solutions. In the event of a hard disk failure, a backup created by Casper can be used as an immediate and permanent replacement for the failed hard disk.
4. EXCLUSIVE! Test Your Backup Any Time -- creates a backup of a Windows system that can be tested immediately after its creation by simply configuring the computer to boot from it - completely eliminating any worry about the integrity of the backup.
5. EXCLUSIVE! Boot and Run Your Computer from a USB Drive -- creates a fully bootable copy of a Windows system drive that can boot and run directly from an external USB drive. (Note: Requires computer with BIOS support for booting from USB hard disk type devices.)
6. EXCLUSIVE! Easily Upgrade Your Hard Disk -- quickly duplicates a drive to a larger drive without requiring a laborious and time consuming backup and restore process. Casper makes it extraordinarily easy to safely and securely upgrade your system to a larger hard disk for increased capacity.
7. Easy to Use -- ensures you will not need to be a professional computer technician to use Casper. Clear, easy-to-follow wizards guide you through the entire process step-by-step, while features such as 1-Click Cloning and Integrated Scheduling automate the backup process so that your backup is kept current without having to give it a second thought.
1. EXCLUSIVE! USB Boot Capability -- creates a fully bootable copy of a Windows system drive that can boot and run directly from an external USB drive1.
2. EXCLUSIVE! Solid State Drive (SSD) and LDS Support -- increases the life expectancy and enhances the performance of solid state and long data sector drives.
3. EXCLUSIVE! AccuClone Technology -- exclusive disk imaging technology designed to enhance performance and virtually eliminate I/O degradation and other problems caused by poorly engineered and misbehaving third-party drivers and applications.
4. EXCLUSIVE! SmartClone Technology -- dramatically reduces the time required to re-clone a hard disk. Casper's innovative SmartClone technology enables Casper to maintain a complete backup replacement hard disk for your system in the same amount of time required by other backup and disk imaging solutions to perform a partial or incremental backup to a proprietary archive!
5. EXCLUSIVE! SmartWrite Technology -- automatically optimizes disk I/O to maximize performance and minimize CPU utilization and Windows resource demands during the disk imaging process. Casper's innovative SmartWrite technology ensures maximum performance and full use of your computer when cloning a hard disk.
6. EXCLUSIVE! Automatic Copy Verification -- assures the reliability and dependability of the backup by ensuring it is not corrupted during the disk imaging process by faulty RAM, a defective cable, failing disk, or bad controller interface.
7. Integrated Scheduling -- performs backups automatically on a routine basis. Casper's integrated scheduling ensures your backup is always up-to-date. You can schedule copies to be performed daily, weekly, monthly, or at any time desired.
8. EXCLUSIVE! 1-Click Cloning -- permits routine backups to be performed at any time with a single click. Casper's 1-Click Cloning support makes performing on-demand backups a breeze!
9. EXCLUSIVE! SmartStart -- makes it easy to quickly repeat a prior copy using automatically saved copy settings.
10. EXCLUSIVE! Advanced Power Management -- increases scheduling flexibility by using the power management capabilities of your computer to safely resume and then suspend your computer after completing a backup. With advanced power management functionality, you can instruct Casper to wake your computer in the middle of the night to perform a backup completely unattended, and then safely return it back to sleep while you sleep!
11. Automatic Performance Throttling -- improves responsiveness of other applications while Casper performs a backup in the background. Designed specifically to take advantage of new functionality introduced in Windows Vista, automatic performance throttling ensures the backup process completes entirely in the background without interfering with your work.
12. EXCLUSIVE! SmartAlert Notifications -- notifies you via email when a backup has been completed or only when a backup requires attention for true "set it and forget it" operation.
13. EXCLUSIVE! Runtime Controls -- allows you to quickly change power management and notification options after a backup is underway, regardless of how the backup was started.
14. Designed for Windows -- provides complete disk imaging capabilities entirely from within the Windows environment. When you use Casper, you never have to stop what you are doing or restart your computer to create and maintain a complete PC backup. Also, since Casper was designed from the ground up to clone disks directly from within the Windows environment, Casper will never require you to remove the original system or destination hard disk after completing a copy -- the source and destination hard disks can coexist on the computer at all times!
15. Native 64-bit Support -- provides true 64-bit performance on Windows 64-bit platforms, including 64-bit editions of Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
16. Advanced Disk Management -- provides advanced disk management functionality. Use Casper Explorer to review past activities performed with Casper, create and remove partitions, change the active partition, change a drive letter assignment, replace damaged or missing boot records, and more.
The Casper installation process takes just a few minutes and an automated Wizard will guide you through the process. The instructions below outline in detail the steps for installing Casper.
1. Start the Casper Setup program.
If you have a Casper Setup CD, insert the CD and click Install Casper on the setup menu. If the setup menu does not appear automatically, browse the CD and double-click AUTORUN.EXE.
2. At the Welcome to Casper 6.0 Setup Wizard dialog, click Next.
The End-User License Agreement will appear. In order to proceed with the installation of Casper, you must agree to the terms of the license that is displayed.
3. Read the End-User License Agreement, select I accept the terms in the License Agreement, and then click Next.
The Select Installation Folder dialog will appear.
4. Choose the installation folder for the Casper program files and click Next.
The Configure Shortcuts dialog will appear.
5. Select additional shortcut locations for the Casper program and click Next.
The Ready to Install dialog will appear.
6. Click Install.
The Casper files are added to your system and the Completing the Casper 6.0 Setup Wizard dialog will appear.
7. Click Finish to finalize the installation process.
The license of this software is Free Trial Software, the price is $49.95, you can free download and get a free trial.