C-Media CMI8738 WDM Driver for Windows XP
The CMI8738 driver package contains a driver for PCI cards that are based on the CMI8378 chipset. This driver is for Windows XP only, and requires a computer with a CMI8738-based audio card. C-Media does not provide end user support for drivers, so please contact your hardware manufacturer if you need further support.
The CMI8738 driver package contains a driver for PCI cards that are based on the CMI8378 chipset.
CMI-8738 supports the legacy audio - SBPRO, FM emulator, MIDI MPU-401 port. 8738-SX supports 4-channel 16-bit DACs to provide surround audio. 8738-LX or MX supports 6-channel DACs for 5.1 home theater environments and meet PC99 audio performance requirements. CMI8738-MX also provides S/PDIF digital audio interface I/O for 44.1KHz and 48KHz LPCM audio or Dolby Digital (AC-3), DTS Digital Surround 5.1 pass-through.
On the software side, CMI-8738 supports wavetable music synthesis, equalizer, reverbs, Karaoke, and multi-channel 3D positional gaming audio, Xear3D, EAX 2.0 functions with Windows Drivers. Linux driver is also available in most Linux OS versions.
Features of C-Media CMI8738 WDM Driver (Windows XP) 0639
1. 2-bit PCI 2.1 compatible bus master.
2. 8738-LX/MX supports 6CH DAC 5.1 surround output for movies and 3D games.
3. 8738-SX supports 4CH DAC surround output for movies and 3D games.
4. 8738-MX provides additional digital interface S/PDIF IN/OUT (44.1K and 48KHz).
5. Built-in 32ohm earphone buffer.
6. Built-in 2CH 16bit ADC.
7. Supports full-duplex 44.1K/48KHz sample rate playback and recording at 16bit.
8. Supports analog mixer for Line-in, Mic-in, Aux, CD inputs.
9. Built-in Microphone pre-amplifier (+20dB).
10. MIDI MPU-401 port/ game port.
11. Built-in ZV port.
12. Legacy audio SBPRO compatible.
13. External E2PROM interface for custom Sub-VID/PID.
14. Digital power +3.3V, analog power +5V.
15. Industrial 128-pin QFP package.
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this driver & update software.