Bulk Rename Utility
We often download all kinds of files from Internet, such as audio, video, image, document and so on. Sometimes the name of these files we download is not the right one we want. Certainly we can rename these files but it is a very hard and trying job. Thank for Jim Willsher, the publisher of Bulk Rename Utility, the powerful and easy to use file renaming tool. With Bulk Rename Utility we can rename files in batch. If you have large numbers of files need to rename, Bulk Rename Utility is a professional all-in-one solution for mass edit of file and folder properties.
Bulk Rename Utility allows us to easily rename multiple files and directories, based upon flexible criteria. For example, if we have a whole load of files prefixed with "2007", we can quickly rename all these to "2008". Similarly, if we have lots of "html" files then we can quickly rename them all to "htm" or other. In addition, we can also add incrementing numbers to the file name, add a suffix or prefix, change case, replace characters and more. Bulk Rename Utility has evolved through a series of user-requests, one-off requirements, and general enhancements. Some of the features provided by Bulk Rename Utility include: Very easy to use. Rename files, folders or both. Remove or change a filename. Perform string substitution. Change the case of filenames. Remove characters or words. Remove digits or symbols. Append or propend text. Append dates in many formats. Append the parent folder name. Auto-number files with flexible rules. Automatically preview the new names. Sort the file details by any column. Group configurations into "favorites". "Bulk Rename" Explorer extension. Directory recursion - process subdirectories too! Rename files from an input text-file list. Create an "Undo" batch file. Log activity to a text log file. Change file and folder date/time-stamps (created, modified, accessed). Change file/folder attributes (hidden, readonly, archived). Small memory footprint. Settings retained between sessions. True 32-bit application. Written wholly in Visual C++. Application is totally free! In addition to Bulk Rename Utility also now have Bulk Rename Command. This lightweight, fully-compiled executable file contains many of the features of Bulk Rename Utility, but is designed to be run from a command line. It is perfect for inclusion in batch files, login scripts, or scheduled jobs. The application is controlled entirely via program arguments, with no use made of .INI files or the Windows Registry.
In addition, Bulk Rename Utility provides a free trial for us and it is a standalone software, so it does not need any extra software and hardware requirement. Bulk Rename Utility does not contain any adware or spyware and we can use it safely and undisturbed. It works with most recent variants of Windows and its current version is 188.8.131.52. With all these features, simple interface, excellent usability and free trial - why are you still reading? Download the free trial now and experience what powerful and effective it is at once! If you feel this utility is helpful indeed, introduce it to your friends please!
Bulk Rename Utility allows you to easily rename multiple files and directories, based upon flexible criteria. For example, if you have a whole load of files prefixed with "2005", you can quickly rename all these to "2006". Similarly, if you have lots of "html" files then you can quickly rename them all to "htm" or other. In addition, you can also add incrementing numbers to the file name, add a suffix or prefix, change case, replace characters and more.
Some of the features provided by Bulk Rename Utility include:
1. Rename files, folders or both
2. Remove, add or change text in the file names
3. Perform text substitution
4. Change the case of file names
5. Remove characters or words
6. Remove digits or symbols
7. Append or prepend text to file names
8. Append dates in many formats
9. Append the parent folder's name
10. Auto-number files with flexible rules
11. Automatically preview the new names
12. Sort the file details by any column
13. Group configurations into "favorites"
14. "Bulk Rename Here" Windows Explorer extension
15. Directory recursion - process sub-directories too!
16. Regular Expressions support
17. Rename files from an input text-file list
18. Create an "Undo" batch file
19. Log activity to a log file
20. Change file and folder date/timestamps (created, modified, accessed)
21. Change file/folder attributes (hidden, read-only, archived)
22. All settings retained between sessions
23. 32-bit or 64-bit
24. Rename photos using EXIF metadata (i.e. "Date Picture Taken", "Resolution" and other information embedded in all JPG photo files)
25. Rename MP3 files using ID3 tags (a.k.a. MP3 ID3 tag renaming).
26. Command line support ***
27. Bulk Rename Utility is totally free!
In addition to the conventional Bulk Rename Utility, author also now have a command-line version, called Bulk Rename Command.
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this file renaming software.