BiblioteQ is a open source catalog software and library management suite, a complete and thorough library management suite. It strives to be a complete and thorough library management suite. The application is supported on numerous platforms, including FreeBSD, Linux, OS X, Solaris and Windows. Installers are available for OS X and Windows.
For some categories, BiblioteQ provides a mechanism for querying the Library of Congress, or any other Z39.50-capable system, via the standard Z39.50 protocol; thus simplifying the data-entry process.
As for database support, BiblioteQ allows for connectivity to both PostgreSQL and SQLite database engines.
1. Cataloging of Books, DVDs, Journals, Magazines, Music CDs, and Video Games.
2. Internationalization (translation) support. BiblioteQ currently supports the Czech, English, and German languages.
3. Patron information.
4. Rich search capabilities, including custom SQL queries.
5. Cover images with drag and drop support.
6. PostgreSQL accounts with various privileges.
7. Administrator roles.
8. Full PostgreSQL and SQLite support.
9. Transactional database queries.
10. Threaded data retrieval via the standard Z39.50 protocol for Books, Journals, and Magazines.
11. Print support.
12. Support for requesting unavailable items.
13. Item reservation.
14. Listings of overdue items, requested items, and reserved items.
15. Customizable item data, pricing information, and currencies.
16. Item reservation histories for patrons.
17. Customizable displays.
18. Embedded hyperlinks for localized searches of similar items.
19. Front cover image retrieval via Amazon.
20. Uniform functionality across various platforms.
21. Support for multiple Z39.50 sites.
The license of this software is Free, you can free download and free use this information management software.