BetterJPEG is a photo editor that was specifically designed to avoid re-compression loss when editing and re-saving photos. Usually every time, you open, edit and save a JPG file, it loses some quality due to re-compression of the file. BetterJPEG however only re-compresses the parts of the image that have been changed, allowing you to perform various operations with minimal or no quality loss at all.
The features include lossless rotation, flip, crop (free or fixed aspect), lossless text insertion as well as red eye removal and more. The support for EXIF data as text insertion is pretty handy, as it allows you to enter information directly from the EXIF data into the image (e.g F-stop, date, exposure etc.) which can be used for reference or in combination with copyright notices.
Main Program Features:
* Lossless Transformations - Rotation, Flip
* Lossless Crop (free, fixed aspect, fixed size, predefined and user-defined aspects and sizes), composition guidelines (diagonals, golden mean, rule of thirds)
* Lossless Canvas Enlargement
* Highly Customizable Lossless Date/EXIF Info/Text insertion (position, font, size, color, background, language, format, etc.)
* Advanced Lossless Red Eye Removal (anti-aliasing, adjustable size, sensitivity, darkening)
* Copy/Paste to and from an external editor for local retouching without full recompression (lossless)
* Batch image processing
* Multi-level Undo/Redo
* Metadata preservation
* Compression optimization
The license of this software is Free Trial Software, the price is $29.95, you can free download and get a free trial.