Avro Keyboard is the first free Bangla typing software for Windows. Type Bangla anywhere- write documents, spreadsheets, send Bangla email, chat in Bangla, write Bangla blog or design Bangla web pages, anything is possible! Completely Unicode complaint. Supports all popular methods of Bangla typing - English to Bangla phonetic typing, fixed keyboard layout based typing, and mouse based Bangla typing. With the built in Keyboard Layout Editor, users can also create new Bangla keyboard layouts or edit existing one. User friendly interface, easiest typing system, lots of typing automation tool, free online support makes it the most popular Bangla typing software of today.
Avro Keyboard was born in the 26th March, 2003 (The Independence Day of Bangladesh), bringing a new era in Bangla computing. It's flexible, gorgeous, feature rich, totally customizable, user friendly and already has a lot of typing automation tools that you have never imagined! Avro Keyboard, simply the Best Bangla Typing Software, breaks all old records, wipes out obstacles, rewrites history and recreates tradition!
The aim of this project is to add all popular Bangla typing methods from Bangladesh and India in a single interface. Current release supports English to Bangla Phonetic typing support for home users, mouse based Bangla typing support for newbies and for professionals traditional keyboard layout based Bangla typing support. Keyboard layouts those are added with the current release are - UniBjoy (99% match with popular Bijoy keyboard layout), Avro Easy (an easy to learn keyboard layout from OmicronLab), Bornona (the easiest Bangla keyboard layout we have found yet! From "The Safeworks") and National (Jatiya) - Standard Bangla Keyboard Layout in Bangladesh designed by Bangladesh Computer Council (BCC). Please read below for details.
Benefit List :
1. English and Bangla typing in the same font: Open type fonts (OTF) allow you to type Bangla and English in the same font. You only have to change the keyboard mode.
2. Bangla searching/sorting: UNICODE standard Bangla typing allows you to search/sort Bangla texts in accurate way without any hassle. Extremely useful when you are working in spreadsheet or database application.
3. Faster Bangla typing: Like older methods of Bangla typing, you don't have to change the fonts every time you change keyboard between Bangla and English. Again, for using some matra/kar/short form of Bangla vowels like "o-kar", "ou-kar", you can use only one key to type them. These features have made Avro Keyboard as a perfect choice for professional typists for Bangla typing.
4. Phonetic Bangla typing: Bangla typing gets its most modern form in Avro keyboard. Instead of using symbolic typing like old mechanical type writers, you can use easy phonetic typing method. Bangla typing is no longer a nightmare!!
5. Bangla email: Outlook Express and other email clients those support UNICODE, let you mail in Bangla using Avro keyboard. screenshot
6. Bangla chat/ Bangla instant messaging: Some instant messengers like MSN Messenger allow you to chat in Bangla. With Avro keyboard, you can even type Bangla and English in a single sentence in MSN Messenger. There is even no need to use any extra plug-in! screenshot
7. Bangla database: Any UNICODE supported database systems like MS Access 2000 or later, MS SQL Server 2000 or later, MySQL will let you create full functional and 100% searching and sorting enabled Bangla database with Avro Keyboard.
8. Bangla font compatibility: Avro Keyboard is compatible with any UNICODE supported Bangla font. Even if you cannot afford to buy some commercial/shareware UNICODE compliant Bangla typing software, you can install the fonts of that software and use them with Avro Keyboard for Bangla typing.
9. Spell check never mess things up!: As Avro Keyboard supports Input Language/Input Locale changing for Bangla (India), Bangla (Bangladesh) and Assamese, the editors (Like MS Word) you use to type Bangla can detect which is Bangla text and which is not. Now MS Word never try to check spell of your Bangla text using the default English dictionary!
10. Auto correction in MS Word: You can safely turn on the auto correction feature in MS Word when typing Bangla with Avro keyboard. Your texts will never be changed to any alien characters. Now MS Word knows that you are typing Bangla!
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this word processing software.