Avast! Uninstall Utility
Avast! Uninstall Utility can help to you uninstall Avast! Sometimes it's not possible to uninstall avast! the standard way - using the ADD / REMOVE PROGRAMS in control panel. In this case, you can use this utility.
Even though Avast is one of my favorite antivirus products, there have been times when I've needed to uninstall or remove it. Corrupted virus signatures have caused it not to update properly, or it wont start properly and it needs to be reinstalled. Maybe corrupted files are causing 100% CPU usage. These and other issues can cause you to uninstall and reinstall your antivirus product.
How to uninstall our software using Avast! Uninstall Utility (aswClear.exe) :
1. Download aswClear.exe on to your desktop
2. Start Windows in Safe Mode
3. Open (execute) the uninstall utility
4. If you installed avast! in a different folder than the default, browse for it. (Note: Be careful. The content of any folder you choose will be deleted.)
5. Click REMOVE
6. Once the uninstall has completed, reboot your computer. You may then try to reinstall it or another antivirus.
If for some reason the uninstall utility does not remove it, you may have to reinstall a newer version of Avast to then proceed to uninstall or you may have an issue.
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this uninstaller software.