We often download large numbers of files from websites such as video/audio files, games, E-journal, Flash animations, applications and so on. But we will find that the space of our hard disk does not big enough to store so many files and data sooner or later. That makes our computer running more and more slowly and astatically. We usually compress the files in order to saving enough space to store more data and files. So an excellent program that creates compressed archives is very important for us. Which one do you use commonly, such as WINARJ, UC, LHA, ACE32, WinRAR etc? 7-Zip is my favorite archiver in numerous of compression tools. Did you use this unique zip and unzip suite before? 7-Zip is one of my best investments and next to Windows XP my most valuable program. I use it constantly and depend upon it so much. If you are looking for a archiver I commend 7-Zip to you and I can insure that you will like it soon.
7Zip is an open-source file archiver, that offers a the highest compression ratio, using the new f 7z format, which delivers compression results that are usually 30-50% better than standard ZIP. It was tested with a server log file, which compressed with ZIP had a file size of 18 MB and using 7-Zip was reduced to 8 MB (results may vary, depending on file type). The key features and functions of this file compression tool include:
1. 7-Zip supports 7z, ZIP, CAB, RAR, ARJ, GZIP, BZIP2, TAR, CPIO, RPM and DEB formats, so it can be used with all popular archive files as well.
2. 7-Zip offers a basic file explorer interface and also integrates into the Windows right-click menu. It can be associated with any of the supported formats and also offers command line support.
3. 7-Zip works in Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista. There is a port of the command line version to Linux/Unix.
Additional features include: Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats; Self-extracting capability for 7z format; Integration with Windows Shell; Powerful File Manager; Plugin for FAR Manager; Localizations for 69 languages and so on. Interface and additional features are fairly basic, but the compression ratio is outstanding.
In addition, 7-Zip is free for us and it does not contain any adware or spyware. It is standalone software and does not need any extra software and hardware requirement. The current version of 7-Zip is 4.42. In a word, 7-Zip has a friendly and easy-to-use interface. It is a very nice, easy to use and full-functions file compression tool. Not only can beginners use it simply but also experienced users can also use it for advanced application. It is an ideal solution for beginners. With all these features, simple interface, excellent usability and free trial - why are you still reading? Download the free trial now and experience how powerful and effective it is at once! If you feel this utility is helpful indeed, introduce it to your friends please!
7-Zip is an open-source file archiver, that offers a the highest compression ratio, using the new f 7z format, which delivers compression results that are usually 30-50% better than standard ZIP. In addition, 7-Zip also supports 7z, ZIP, CAB, RAR, ARJ, GZIP, BZIP2, TAR, CPIO, RPM and DEB formats, so it can be used with all popular archive files as well. The program offers a basic file explorer interface and also integrates into the Windows right-click menu.
7-Zip can be associated with any of the supported formats and also offers commandline support. Interface and additional features are fairly basic, but the compression ratio is outstanding.
7-Zip is open source software. Most of the source code is under the GNU LGPL license. The unRAR code is under a mixed license: GNU LGPL + unRAR restrictions.
You can use 7-Zip on any computer, including a computer in a commercial organization. You don't need to register or pay for 7-Zip. But you can make a donation to support further development of 7-Zip.
The main features of 7-Zip
1. High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression
2. Supported formats:
* Packing / unpacking: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR
* Unpacking only: RAR, CAB, ISO, ARJ, LZH, CHM, MSI, WIM, Z, CPIO, RPM, DEB and NSIS
3. For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
4. Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
5. Self-extracting capability for 7z format
6. Integration with Windows Shell
7. Powerful File Manager
8. Powerful command line version
9. Plugin for FAR Manager
10. Localizations for 69 languages
11. 7-Zip works in Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista. There is a port of the command line version to Linux/Unix.
12. 7z is a new archive format, providing a very high compression ratio.
13. The main features of 7z format:
14. Open architecture
15. High compression ratio
16. Strong AES-256 encryption
17. Ability to use any compression, conversion or encryption method
18. Supports files with sizes up to 16000000000 GB
19. Unicode file names
20. Solid compression
21. Archive header compression
22. 7-Zip supports encryption with the AES-256 algorithm. This algorithm uses a cipher key with a length of 256 bits. To create that key, 7-Zip runs a derivation function based on a SHA-256 hash algorithm. A key derivation function produces a derived key from the text password entered by the user. To increase the cost of an exhaustive search to crack a password, 7-Zip uses a large number of iterations when it produces a cipher key from a password.
23. 7z is part of the 7-Zip program distributed under the GNU LGPL. You can download 7-Zip source and various binaries from the Download Page.
24. Applications that support 7z archives include WinRAR, PowerArchiver, TUGZip, and IZArc.
The license of this software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this file compression software.